New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

New to recording, been playing guitar for a while, but no where near as good as I sshould be. I'm a lazy learner, player, writer and recorder.
All in all, doesn't add up to much but I enjoy what little I do and am hoping to be able to get a few tricks, tips and some advice from you old hands around here.
I play guitar and some simple bass (a typical guitarist playing bass) and enjoy pretty much aany style of music, though I mainly write and recod Doom, Stoner and occassionally break out into some Black Metal.
I use a very simple recording setup at the moment and I guess this is the one are I'm hoping to get help with.

Rock on

I play guitar, keyboard and sing.
want to record my stuff on my computer. nothing too fancy, I won't be having people doing pro recording at my bed room which is my "recording studio" at the moment.
english is not my first language, and it kinda sucks, so I'm here to ask questions in order to achieve my above goal because it really hard for me to learn from the guides.
check out my threads here

40 something progger from the UK, who likes to write and record my own songs. Used to be a drummer back in my teens and 20's, play some keys, sing a bit and trying to learn to play enough guitar to add that element to my stuff (but not very good yet!). Reasonably new to the whole theory of sound but learning as I go along. Just enjoy the whole process of starting with nothing and ending up with something.
Using Cubase 6 and just looking to get a better overall sound through reading, trying, failing and trying again. Happy to share info, help etc and songs if anyone is interested.

How y'all doing Im a Hip Hop artist that just started recording my own music and need HELP WITH MIXING !!!! Im open to all help tips and would like to find a veteran at mixing to site and help me with the basic. I also would like tip on beat making and even recording so any help would great thanks

I am brand spanking new to DAW recording and the more I get into it, the more I enjoy it! I'm a musician with drums as my main instrument! I want to learn how to record drums the most! Can't wait to pick you guys' brain and learn neat tricks! I am currently using Logic Express. I figured this was the best thing for me till I really go the hang of it! Hope to upgrade to Logic Studio sooner than later!

Hi there I am Benedict from the Philippines, I'm just starting to learn the art of recording..however I have a problem with Sonar 8, For 2 mos I've been using it really good...and I have made successful projects. But this morning, the problem was this: I imported an instrumentals on track 1, when I arm track 2 for vocals, then I'll start recording, the instrumental in track 1 is also recorded in track 2...cana nyone help me on this? thank you so much...

Hey guys and gals!

I'm Bob and I like turtles. I also fancy playing guitar, bass, keys and my knees. I'm a sophomore high school student from Alaska, and I hope to become a grade A producer.
Cheers!

Hey up,
Keys and guitar player, looking for tips on everything from songwriting, synthesis, mixing and production. And a bit of promotion for my music :D

Hello I'm Anie,

I'm hoping to learn about software like Microsoft Songsmith and anything like it. I'm also wondering if anyone is using Finale or Sibelius and has good luck with them. I just downloaded Crescendo, but don't have a clue on what to do with it.
For now, if I can just get some instruction on MS Songsmith that would be good enough.
Thanks in advance
Anie

Hi

I've been making music for 35 years and home recording it for 30.
I started with a cassette tape to tape machine and just bounced stuff back and forward.
Then I got 4 track (not a good quality one, I was poor).
Then I got some midi computer software and a keyboard with sequencer (I never liked that process).
Then I went for a Fostex R8 and Studiomaster Proline 16-8-16 (with a rack full of outboard stuff).
Next was the Yamaha AW16-G.
Now I mostly use a Mac and Garageband.

I've never really recorded anything that I would consider "finished", but I've found it a great process for getting ideas and arrangements down and have learned a lot about music structure and bits and pieces of production/sound engineering that has helped in my main musical interest of live performance.

Hi, everyone. I'm Savannah. I'm happy to be here, and I hope to meet many of you (internet style). Message me with a salutation if you'd like.

I started taking singing lessons a few months ago but don't look for my picture on the cover of The Rolling Stone anytime soon.

Hello Im xer0mind here but i go by Mad Shad on the interwebs, Ive been making crappy recordings for about 20 years now. first got into recording and expermenting with sound on a cassette deck that played 2 tapes at the same time...
Mad Shad - Lung Cancer, The Musickal - YouTube
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_lcXbbDnB1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I screamed my head off in a couple of hardcore bands
Mad Shad - I Hate Work - Oi! - YouTube
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nd7_9PWiSFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also like to fruit around with fuckyloops from time to time
Mad Shad - Untitled (Daily Grind) - YouTube
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W8EU-OgfLPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

one day I decided I wanted to learn guitar chords, so hank williams sr helped me learn some

insert imagination here...
(if these video links are even working)

then I wanted to learn something new and not seen around much, I found a website selling Bazookies ? but they were way expensive! but I found a ukulele for 40 bucks.... sold

love covering songs
Mad Shad - No Values (ukulele cover) Black Flag - YouTube
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4bI3FwUJmGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

doing old song and messing with effects, this with a banjulele
Mad Shad - Brother, Can You Spare A Dime (ukulele cover) - YouTube
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oc_7OEw1kWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is one of my most recent tracks, with decent audio quality
Mad Shad . No New Tale To Tell . uke cover . Love And Rockets - YouTube
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q1TP5fq5so8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hope to live forever so i can keep listening to and play music...

Hey I'm Jimmz and i'm starting out, i'd like to master mixing down and anything else, so anybody willing to help me, feel free to PM =)

Back