New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Elio (aka Elijah) and I'm the host of PriorityOnePodcast.com -- a podcast dedicated to all things Star Trek and Sci-Fi. I stumbled across this site when I was trying to figure out the best setups and recording practices. My formal education is in Theatre, but I would love to work more in voice-overs and podcasting. Thanks for your hard work in putting this resource together!

Live Long and Podcast!

-Elijah

Hi Everyone,

I'm Elio (aka Elijah) and I'm the host of PriorityOnePodcast.com -- a podcast dedicated to all things Star Trek and Sci-Fi. I stumbled across this site when I was trying to figure out the best setups and recording practices. My formal education is in Theatre, but I would love to work more in voice-overs and podcasting. Thanks for your hard work in putting this resource together!

Live Long and Podcast!

-Elijah

Howdy Elio - you'll fit right in here.

Hi Everyone!

I'm Dicus and working to set up my home studio. I started recording because I wanted to be able to listen back the band practices and because I wanted to record ideas for new songs. And from there I rolled into composing using MIDI gear and started songwriting about the same time. I really like to get more into composing, I'm a big fan of film music.

This forum is a big help for me, since I have lots of friends who make music, but no one I can think of who know how to record, mix or master properly. Thanks a lot for all the advice and nice articles! This forum holds a lot of practical wisdom and I hope to learn from some of your mistakes because I have no time to make them all. ;)

Thanks!

Hello!

I'm Aaron. I play bass in a rock band called Over The Effect from Atlanta. We've been together for about 8 months and have just finished recording our second EP.

I've been playing music for 24 years, and I've been recording for about 13, and went to school for Audio Engineering a few years ago. I've worked on all sorts of stuff, from rock to rap to r&b to pop to electronica. I've also done a few small projects with animation and video game music/FX, and I used to do field recordings of live concerts I don't have a big fancy studio (nor do I make a ton off money off the stuff I do, frankly), I just have a dedicated bedroom in my apartment, and I'm quite content with it. :) But I'm always looking at new ways to improve my recordings, mixes, and workflow.

I found HRF looking for mixing tips when working on my band's latest project, and I feel like it was very helpful!

Hi I'm wookiebass. i've demoed a load of songs in Garageband on my mac.
Some tracks have the onboard midi drums, put into patterns and beats.
i've recorded from my Spector bass or Dean ML into my Edirol UA025 through USB into the computer.

I'ver come here to learn about:-
A - what software to use for mixing
B - Mixing theory & Techniques

I'm also here to offer my services of bassplaying/artwork.

I'm new to this whole 'internet noticeboard thing'.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hey folks - newbie signing on. I'm a jack-of-all-instruments (master of none); I've been recording since the early 90s and just made the leap to laptop-based recording. I write rootsy, folky stuff nowadays but have been known to play around with punk, indie, rock, etc. Looking forward to spending some time with y'all!

My name is Steve and Im relatively new here.Im a musician for over 20 years
just now interested in recording.Just recieved new gear recently due to a house fire
but took the payout for my stuff other than replacement cost.
I have multiple keyboards/modules and a new A&H mixer and a Focusrite Scarlette2i2
interface.The purpose for the mixer is I play live with multiple keys.
Married 4 kids yada yada yada

Hello Everyone

I've been floating around the last 7 days having a read here and their and must say the forum is brilliant. I've used forums in the past and come across many keyboard warriors tongue whipping at will. So far I've seen none. Lots of helpful sections and mountains of techniques and opinions.
I've recently spent a few pounds on some gear trying to setup a home studio. Im a week in but Im slowly getting their. Day by day. Just a lifetime to go.
I've bought a vocal booth, couple of Mic stands, zoom r16, rode nt3, new electro acoustic, acoustic bass, and a nice semi acoustic.
I primarily want to use it to create an EP of solo stuff and mainly to demo some tracks.

Be good to share the progress with some like minded individuals and maybe gain advice along the way.

Barnesy

Hi everyone! Kirk Carter here. Never recorded a thing in my life except through..... my iphone, and built in mic from computer. I know it's sad. Just figured I'd dive right in get some ideas and start experimenting. I have a Martin acoustic that was given to me. I have a Fender 25R Frontman amp and am borrowing a friends electric guitar. Hopefully with a little money and alot of time I can start taking some of these unfinished songs, clean them up, and save them for when I can put together an album. Currently the only recording software I have is RiffWorks (which I can't use because I haven't bought a microphone yet) and Audacity. Thanks everyeone.

Hey everybody! I'm building a modest studio in my basement. Looking forward to seeking your guidance and then passing it along once I've learned from my mistakes.:thumbs up:

Hello HR Forum.

I'm not only new to this forum, but new to forums in general - never used one before. How have I survived?

I'm a hobby singer/songwriter using Nuendo, Sampletank, and various other plugins. I have been PC based, but I've finally taken the step into the Dark Side and have an iMac on order.

I'm sure I'm going to have huge compatibility issues to start with. Any thoughts?

First time

Hell, all-
My name is Cris and I'm joining to see if I can pick some brains out there to help me get started with a new Tascam DP-24. It's my first venture into the Portastudio world although I've played around in the basic analog recording world many moons ago.

The new paradigm, she is a-coming....perhaps. Hullo Im gee1111. I spent the last 3 years living in a beautiful remote off-grid place in Wales, mainly on my own. I got big time into writing songs with my Guild F1512 (cant resist a boast innit) and voice-well what else was I supposed to do with no mod cons or electricity :D Anyway I have some great work and it felt like time to record and try promote, but I'm a bit of a techno-drongo (caveman) and would be really glad to meet someone who knows Magix Music Studio, which is a derivitive of Samplitude I believe. Otherwise, it was great to bump into a website called Home Recording Forums!

Hello, I am Michael. I am a singer/songwriter hoping to learn how to make a great record outside of the studio setting. I hope to have lots of questions and in time when I learn the ropes lots of feedback too.
Thanks

TJ Flickinger here. I've been writing and recording music for well over 20 years and am still absolutely obsessed with it.

Although most of my friends have gone to PC based recording, I just can't get away from a standalone multitrack. It's really all I know. I currently use the TASCAM 2488neo and love the thing. For percussion, I use a Yamaha DTXpressIII kit. Although I'm mainly a guitarist, I started out on drums and currently perform all of the percussion on my songs.

Back