New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello, new to this forum. Hope to learn from this site. I play some guitar(or try atleast), mostly hard rock to metal, some soft rock and country also. I use cubase LE4 and just bought a tascam dp-008 recorder. I hope i posted this correctly, sory if not lol.

Hello, new to this forum. Hope to learn from this site. I play some guitar(or try atleast), mostly hard rock to metal, some soft rock and country also. I use cubase LE4 and just bought a tascam dp-008 recorder. I hope i posted this correctly, sory if not lol.

Nah your doing good man. Welcome to the machine.

I am songwriter destined to be an Indie. This spring I am constructing a studio from the ground up to record music. To me it's all about the room and the simplicity of capturing it live. If you happen to have a 000-18 Martin (serial number 333070) I would like to buy it back ($$$$) as it was my first guitar and I miss it.

Best,

Dahl

I am songwriter destined to be an Indie. This spring I am constructing a studio from the ground up to record music. To me it's all about the room and the simplicity of capturing it live. If you happen to have a 000-18 Martin (serial number 333070) I would like to buy it back ($$$$) as it was my first guitar and I miss it.

Best,

Dahl

Can't find it but there is a site that you can register your stolen guitar and ser. # has something to do with Martin in the name. Have you checked that out? Members there keep an eye out on all second hand Martins sold.

Hey everyone! I love music, and am excited to see where this whole recording thing takes me. I really love playing music. My band is playing less and less, so I find myself playing at home by myself. Now I just need to learn to put it all together. I enter this with the words of Duane Allman in mind....

"Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."

- Duane Allman

Welcome duke! If ya get bored by yourself, there are always a few here to take up the time. :D

Much to learn here man.

Speech

yesterday my second of two fostex x26s died on me. after a lot of research and a lot of other attempts at fixing it - i'm pretty sure the heads are misaligned. it was purchased off ebay (bad news i know but it was cheap) to replace a unit that i already had that had a problem with a capstan motor or something similar.

i originally started working with the x26 because i was given one for free about 6 years ago. in the meantime i had become really used to working with its sound and was enjoying pulling some neat tricks off with it. about 4 months ago it broke so i got the replacement. used it for about a month with no major problems. i then tore down and moved my home studio (so it was boxed for about 3 months) and was slowly building things back up again when this other x26 began giving me fits.

along the move i acquired a new 15" macbook pro(the upgrade) and am fairly set on using it as a DAW and going all digital with my sound (now that the 2nd x26 is not working and i'm not dumping any more cash into it). i had used digital in the past for only mastering and minimal editing so i'm not a complete stranger to it and have already been using an H4N as a part of my recording interface (albeit a small one)

and i figure i can always mix down to a stereo deck if need be.

so this is where i'm at. just wanted to introduce myself.

Hello, bit of an analogue recording enthusiast here. I've been viewing these forums for ages, feels good to get involved!

Hi all,
total newbie to recording, but have been songwriting for 20 years. Law of averages dictates that sooner or later I'll come up with something vaguely decent, although in wavering between folk, surf and the kind of pretentious nonsense singer-songwriters often come up with, its had to tell!
Have already picked up a few useful hints from browsing the forum, so looking forward to learning more.

hey guys...i had`nt seen this thread when i joined recently, so i had just started a new thread, with somewhat of an introdeuction...here`s a link to it..

Hello HR.

I may not be the newest member aboard, been using this as a resource for a couple of year. Mostly as a passive member. Hope that can change. I have a homerecording studio at my friends house, but since he is a bit strict of what I/we can do. I usually have the gear home (except for the Soundtracs Topaz P8 32ch mixer) and using Reaper as DAW. The recording gear in the studio is for the band and we use it as practice location. Can't wait to move to my own house and build a complete studio! I studyed media with sound as main topic, and now I'm studying electronics.

Really cozy thread :)

Back