New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi, I'm also new here. Up until now I have been into Dj'ing but I would really like to get into producing. I will get myself a Akai MPK49 soon, with ableton and reason. The problem is that those programs have infinite possibilities and I don't know where to begin...

Hi! Mic preferences...?

Hi everyone,
New here. I'm a songwriter wanting to record my stuff at home, on my macbook - i'll be using garageband as i am a complete novice! i bought my first guitar yesterday (been learning on my sisters) and now i need a good mic.

Preferably USB for ease. Been looking at the Blue Yeti, Blue Snowball, Behringer C1-U, Samson CO1U...

Any a dive/recommendations would be greaaattt from anyone who is kind enough to offer it!

Thanks

Charlotte Sarah

Hi everyone,
New here. I'm a songwriter wanting to record my stuff at home, on my macbook - i'll be using garageband as i am a complete novice! i bought my first guitar yesterday (been learning on my sisters) and now i need a good mic.

Preferably USB for ease. Been looking at the Blue Yeti, Blue Snowball, Behringer C1-U, Samson CO1U...

Any a dive/recommendations would be greaaattt from anyone who is kind enough to offer it!

Thanks

Charlotte Sarah

Welcome Charlotte!

Since you're using a Mac, I recommend the Apogee USB mic.

Hey I'm fawad. A lyricist , and a one that sucks to be exact xD . Actually hoping to improve by interacting with others here. Also , I write lyrics just when they come to me and just note them down in notepad.

Hello

I'm Mike, been recording in my bedroom for a fair amount of time now. Looking to learn more from a forum like this... It's time to get better.

I play guitar and sing in an alternative "math rock" band from Bristol, UK. We're called IRON CHEF. If you're interested in listening to us, it's in my signature.

I'm looking to put a home studio together in the next couple of years.

HI guys! im glad i found a forum like this. so im Francis, im planning to make up my own recording RAP studio at home.

can anyone tell me which software i must have for mixing, editing and recording? im not trying to do my own beats yet.

:D

Hello there everyone! I'm absolutely delighted to have found this place. I have been home recording for a while now but have made the decision to start taking things really seriously now.. although still at home:p

I like to play very mellow, haunting piano pieces and love to sing jazz. One thing I have going for me is that I actually love stuff that sounds lofi. I probably won't have to work as hard as some of you will for the results I crave but i'm looking forward to getting some tips, especially in the vocal recording apartment as im useless at recording and mixing my weird voice.

First timer here, I found this place by searching for help with my Peavey Unity 2002-24RQ. Recently, I've been having this issue where my board makes this humming noise and all 4 of the led lights are lit up into the yellow. I've had this board only a year, bought used. I immediately unhooked every single cord, output included, and it doesn't stop. I shut it off, turn it back on & it's good for a minute or two, then it does it again without stopping. Does it just need to be professionally cleaned?! I sincerely appreciate all the info I can get. Thank you.

Robert

Hello!!!
The Internet is Awesome.
Seriously, having a forum is way better than breaking my gear just to find out someone else knows what's up!

Hi, my name is Steve and I am am new to digital recording but have been gigging for many years. I'm afraid I'll need some help. Thanks!

Hi, my name is Steve and I am am new to digital recording but have been gigging for many years. I'm afraid I'll need some help. Thanks!

Just ask man, we are all here to help each other.

Welcome to all of you new members! I have been a bit busy with personal stuff lately, so sorry for the delayed response.

Jimmy

'Ello all! So I'm packrat, A.K.A. James. I just found this site and am looking forward learning as much as I can. I'm trying to break into this music recording thing, but there are several things that I come across and don't have a good place to ask those questions. Let's see what happens. Nice to meet you all.

Back