Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282
Results 2,811 to 2,816 of 2816

Thread: New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffin View Post
    Hi Dave, thanks for the reply and info.
    The above quote is about all I can understand :-)
    The laptop would be used for work and the portability is a concern.
    I was told a Gaming laptop with SSD / 8- 12mg would be sufficient to rum basic music rec. software.
    the Boss BR 80 is an interface.
    I imagine a friend could build or recommend a new desktop some time in the future if I develop some talent or advanced interest.
    Thanks for the welcome and taking the time to reply
    DuFf
    Sorry about the 'boggling', I CAN go on a bit! Ok, so laptop it is then. The word "gaming" causes backs of hands to go to foreheads here! Yes, they are often PDQ machine but bloated with software junk you don't need and can slow down/cause glitches for audio use. If you don't NEED the games I would get them off it. The rest of the specc' seems fine. SSD great but how big? You need to put OS on it obviously and the DAW, the recording software but I strongly advise you to get a 1Tbyte or bigger USB external drive to use as backup (Google 'Imaging Software' Macrium is good) and to store songs and samples. Might as well get USB 3.0.

If you MUST have the games you could setup the machine to have a separate 'account' for music that would not, AFAIK, open all the gaming crap?

Dave.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ecc83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks again Dave
    and sorry for some confusion, remove back of hand from forehead.
    I am not a gamer......I only mentioned a Gaming Laptop because it was recommended as a good platform for audio and could be faster than some business and personal machines.
    I am total newb just looking for a laptop that has decent components for sound recording etc.
    I have a Boss BR-80 as an interface but need a laptop with capabilities to run recording applications.
    Thanks for any suggestions in that regard. It could be a $1,000 gaming laptop is overkill for what I need.

Presently reading past threads and posts on these forums to answer some questions that have already been asked here. Wow...so much information and helpful members here.

DuFf
    Last edited by Duffin; 1 Week Ago at 10:24.

Thanks
    Hi all, I am pretsnor. 25 year old biologist, and hobby musician. Used to play in a rock band, then went to Ableton for some electronic production. Ableton was too overwhelming for me, so I recently purchased a second hand Yamaha 4 track cassette recorder with the plan to produce ambient music.

Thanks
    Hey, I'm Mailbox from Ontario, Canada.

I sing lead vocals for the heavy metal band Devilz By Definition and also do some hip hop as a fun side project.

I have recently jumped head first into the world of producing and mixing from a home studio so i will definitely be a very active member here.

Cheers 🤘🤘

Thanks
    Hey everyone,
    I'm a drummer from Kansas City Missouri. I also play guitar (badly) and I'm mainly recording demos and song ideas. Currently I'm just using Amplitube 4 with it's built in DAW through an iRig Duo. I have a Roland TD-15 kit that I track drums with.

Thanks for all the knowledge!

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilz Mailbox View Post
    Hey, I'm Mailbox from Ontario, Canada.

I sing lead vocals for the heavy metal band Devilz By Definition and also do some hip hop as a fun side project.

I have recently jumped head first into the world of producing and mixing from a home studio so i will definitely be a very active member here.

Cheers ����
    Hi there! You might be interested in a short series of articles about recording Heavy Metal in Sound on Sound Magazine last month and this.

Dave.

Thread Information