Page 271 of 271 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271
Results 2,701 to 2,706 of 2706

Thread: New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Wow Hey I just realized something; I don't think I ever posted an introduction here!
    Ok... I'm more than old school, as my "Handle" (OldMegaNerd) may impart, I'm old period! (60).
    I started playing guitar when I was nine, and I remember my mother throwing her shoes at my bedroom door to make me stop playing and come down for dinner! I got one of the first pairs of amplified headphones and after that I was M.I.A. for years. I actually played in the bathroom while I was "going" so to speak...

After several bands, two of which were phenomenal, massively talented, and got screwed up because of massive egos, "playing when we should have been working on polishing our act," getting plastered BEFORE we practiced the same twelve songs... for four months... that we never played the same way twice, I became disillusioned. I began trying to put together a band I had some control over, but with no "paycheck" money, that proved impossible. I got a Korg N5 and started "doubling" on synth, but there again I had to deal with the ever present HUMAN factor. Uniquely frustrating! Time slide to a year ago; I decided that after 50+ years of song writing I was gonna "D.I.Y." my oop:

After playing with Audacity to cut my teeth on, Ponying up the dough for Live9, a Scarlett 2i2 and a few other critical pieces of hardware (Phones, Mikes & monitors) I was broke but recording and mixing like a "mad scientist!"

Great people here, THANKS SO MUCH! You guys / gals have already helped me with a few common problems and I will be glad to contribute for posterity!
    ==================================================
    OldMegaNerd Live 9 / Protools / Scarlett 2i2 / Korg N5 / Keystation 49es

Thanks
    @OldMegaNerd Welcome. 60 is the new 30?

My Wife Has A Home ~ I have a 2 Room Studio.

Thanks
    First time posting on here, I'm just starting out in the home recording domain, been enjoying it so far, the warts and all haha. Not sure what direction to go in, super into lo-fi garage-y electro/organic vibes. From punk rock to world beats kind of a thing. I suppose I should list my gear? Where does one go from here?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RaphKatchinoff View Post
    First time posting on here, I'm just starting out in the home recording domain, been enjoying it so far, the warts and all haha. Not sure what direction to go in, super into lo-fi garage-y electro/organic vibes. From punk rock to world beats kind of a thing. I suppose I should list my gear? Where does one go from here?
    Welcome. You can list your gear in your signature. Go to my profile and look for it. I am on my iPhone and when I get back I will give a better explanation.

Thanks
    Hi everyone!!! So nice to have discovered this forum. I am a complete and total newbie when it comes to home recording, but it looks like I have come to the right place.

I have been doing online study groups for the past several years, building up a semi-lucrative side gig that I am strongly considering jumping over to full time in the very near future. My recording has been limited to signing into my webinar software, wearing my microphone headset, and pressing the record button. Easy peasy!

In looking ahead to ways to expand and diversify my revenue, I'm thinking of doing some online courses (on a third party site) and maybe a podcast. I figured if I go that route, I need to step up my gameplan for knowledge and skills and create a bit of a home studio. I'm not looking to go all whole hog with a huge investment, but I want to get maximum bang for my buck for whatever I end up doing.

I'll be poking around the site and checking out the voluminous amount of threads and I'm sure I'll have some questions even afterwards.

Thanks for being so generous with your time and knowledge, everyone!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by msmarieh View Post
    Hi everyone!!! So nice to have discovered this forum. I am a complete and total newbie when it comes to home recording, but it looks like I have come to the right place.

I have been doing online study groups for the past several years, building up a semi-lucrative side gig that I am strongly considering jumping over to full time in the very near future. My recording has been limited to signing into my webinar software, wearing my microphone headset, and pressing the record button. Easy peasy!

In looking ahead to ways to expand and diversify my revenue, I'm thinking of doing some online courses (on a third party site) and maybe a podcast. I figured if I go that route, I need to step up my gameplan for knowledge and skills and create a bit of a home studio. I'm not looking to go all whole hog with a huge investment, but I want to get maximum bang for my buck for whatever I end up doing.

I'll be poking around the site and checking out the voluminous amount of threads and I'm sure I'll have some questions even afterwards.

Thanks for being so generous with your time and knowledge, everyone!
    Welcome. I am into Podcast production myself. There is a forum in the community for this. Any questions just ask away.

Thread Information