Page 268 of 271 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2708

Thread: New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello, my name is Tony, I just joined the forum. Was wondering if I could get some help with the new Steinberg U22 interface I just bought. I downloaded Cubase and am finding it extremely complicated to set up. I am slowly beginning to figure it out, the main problem I have now is after I record a track I can't hear the playback. I can hear the music in my headphones while I am recording it, however, when I play it back I can't hear anything. I can see that it is playing as the lights go up and down with the music, but I can't hear anything. Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks

Thanks
    Howdy Tony.

Sounds like you just need to click the monitor button on the track. It looks like the side view of a speaker.

I myself prefer that to be automatic when record button off. You will set this in your preferences:

File>Preferences...>VST. From drop down menu for 'Auto Monitoring', select Tapemachine Style.

Hope that helps.
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmys69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hello Tony. Sweet interface! If Jimmys suggestion does not work, try going into your preferences and make sure you have your desk top speakers selected as the "Output Device". If you have your interface as the selected output device than you will need to use the headphone jack on the interface. If you look at the picture below, this is what it looks like in Reaper.

speakers-png
    Last edited by Mack Caster; 1 Week Ago at 11:41. Reason: Added photo.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mack Caster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi I'm Joe, I used to be a guitarist/singer but had a stroke so now it's a bit hard. I'm stillplaying though and trying to get decent sounding youtube videos, it seems impossible to me to get that sound that some others have, I was listening to a girl earlier and she had a real pro sound, says she records at home! This one:

and if you listen to any of my videos you'll see I'm light years away from that sound! Here's mine: YouTube

Nice to be here, hoping to learn a lot! Thanks!

Thanks
    Welcome Joe. Your YT link is broken. I have seen Elles videos before. She is very talented IMHO.

Thanks
    Hi Mack! Another of those sites where you have to waste time posting crap before you can post your own link....sigh...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SmalltownJoe View Post
    Hi Mack! Another of those sites where you have to waste time posting crap before you can post your own link....sigh...
    They do this to cut down on spam Joe. If not, people would just sign up and place link after link without adding anything of value to the community, other than to promote their own agenda. Just add one of your vids like you did for Elle and it will give people a way to see your work. Is this you? If it is Brother, I am DIGGIN IT!

Last edited by Mack Caster; 1 Week Ago at 08:05. Reason: Added Video.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SmalltownJoe View Post
    it seems impossible to me to get that sound that some others have, I was listening to a girl earlier and she had a real pro sound, says she records at home
    99% will boil down to room treatment when it comes to recording at home. I watched a few of your vids and as far as I can see, you have none at all, or at least that's what the cam is showing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mack Caster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack Caster View Post
    They do this to cut down on spam Joe. If not, people would just sign up and place link after link without adding anything of value to the community, other than to promote their own agenda.
    Thanks Mack!
    Yes Joe, it's true.
    The link limitation only came in last week because we're being targeted by sports-stream spammers.
    Unfortunately they're still doing it, somehow, so I guess we'll probably roll back on restricting all users.

Welcome to HR! I replied on your thread, btw, although it's pretty much the same reply Mack gave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawlf View Post
    That's a tad too much terminology. What do you mean by 'mix'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    No VST can emulate that smell.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Steenamaroo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yes that's me in the video!! Thanks man!!

Yeah it seems I need to ttreat my room, a couple of others have just told me the same...... oh and get closer to the mics, although I'm not sure about tht...

Thread Information