New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Greeting All, I am new here, currently residing in Grand Blanc, MI. I'm new to home recording so I ask for your patience and expertise. I have two (2) TEAC recorders, a 3440 & a 3340 (the 3340 which I will be tearing apart soon for maintenance), a TEAC DNR 80 & 180, a TEAC model 2 mixer. I'm looking for some guidance in setting up this equipment to do some analog recording, and hoping that the knowledge here will help me do just that.
Pity you are so far away and thus not likely to buy my A3440! I got the machine ready for sale last October time then realized at the last minute that it does not record or erase. Yup, bias osc' not running but my health has not been good and I have not been up to tackling it. Ain't they HEAVY fekkers!

Many years ago my son spent hours with the machine building tracks but once he had a decent computer recording setup the 'magic' soon paled!

Rock on friend.

Dave.

New here. Expat living in France. I'm setting up some low budget gear/better quality older gear for sons music stuff. Looking for advice on better setting up the system.

New rookie here. I'm computer averse, so I'm dabbling in home recording using a Tascam DP-32 instead, and a handful of guitars with effects pedals. That's about it. Call it old age, but I just don't want to deal with learning more computer stuff to record music. This is totally a hobby, as I'm retired. Not overly talented, but I do appreciate music that was recorded and mixed well.

My personal goal is to record a few songs I have written about my late wife. It's been good therapy for me, to write songs about us and to attempt to record them and not sound like the worst karaoke you've ever heard. My weakest link is my voice, so I'm considering using some friends' vocal abilities at some point.

Glad to be here. 🍻

New here. Expat living in France. I'm setting up some low budget gear/better quality older gear for sons music stuff. Looking for advice on better setting up the system.
Welcome Darryl. No shortage of advice around here.

New rookie here. I'm computer averse, so I'm dabbling in home recording using a Tascam DP-32 instead, and a handful of guitars with effects pedals. That's about it. Call it old age, but I just don't want to deal with learning more computer stuff to record music. This is totally a hobby, as I'm retired. Not overly talented, but I do appreciate music that was recorded and mixed well.

My personal goal is to record a few songs I have written about my late wife. It's been good therapy for me, to write songs about us and to attempt to record them and not sound like the worst karaoke you've ever heard. My weakest link is my voice, so I'm considering using some friends' vocal abilities at some point.

Glad to be here. 🍻
Welcome Seeburg220. That's a good strategy. Focus on creativity rather than computers. Persevere with the singing. You may discover that you can actually sing.
I started simple and got sucked in deeper, and am still sinking.

Hi there, whereabouts in France are you? My son is a musician and has a modest recording rig and lives in Le Havre.

Seeburg, do not despise the computer! If nothing else it can be used to store shedloads of takes and they will never degrade no matter how often you play or edit them. You can copy over a stereo track (at near CD quality) using the very simple Behringer UCA202 interface and Audacity as the recording software. If you progress with that you can move on to Reaper.

Just seen that the DP-32 can dump tracks to a PC so you don't even need to buy an interface to backup your recordings! One day you might see the light and decide to have a play "In the Box!"

Dave.

Last edited:
Hello guys! My name is Andrej, I am 20 years old Music Production and Sound Design student at Academy of Arts from Belgrade, Serbia. I graduated music high school, also for music production and parallel with that mechanical/electrical high school. I've been in musical world for some time now as guitarist (been playing for 12 years now) and had appearances on some TV shows. Since I started high school, I've started to do a lot of recording and producing music for myself and my friends. We published 2 albums and a few single songs, all recorded at my room which is now starting to look more and more like a small studio (with soundproof curtains, foam pyramids and a lot of equipment). I also started to do live concerts as tone engeneer doing very big concerts and festivals at my area. My goal is to start making high quality products and learn as much as I can from anyone I can. I hope that I will find exciting and useful information on this forum! I have a lot to learn :-)

Welcome andrej1. You've achieved a lot at only 20 years age. Looks like you're going places.
Being 20 was a good time for me. Things were coming together.
Only troube is they all fell apart over the next 45 years.
Glad to have you here.

It’s been almost 20 years since I’ve been here. Kids, family, life happened. So I’ll say I’m a noob since my last interface was the original motu ultralite(pictured) and daw was logic 7. Now that I just upgraded to a new m3 Mac with current Logic Pro, I’ll be needing a new audio interface. I see the new MOTU ultralite is a couple years old so I wonder if the product cycle is about to be at its end.

looking forward to learning. Cheers

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_3176.jpeg
    IMG_3176.jpeg
    944.7 KB · Views: 4
New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:
Hi new here just got the Zoom R20 so far very impressed got an issue with importing wave files to my project
1. create the correct wave file done import the file to the SD Card .. done using correct Audio USB cable done
I can play the file in the add wave file to project. section
However it then says Different umber of Chanels please select etc etc and wont load the WAV file to my project any advice gladly appreciated

Last edited:
It’s been almost 20 years since I’ve been here. Kids, family, life happened. So I’ll say I’m a noob since my last interface was the original motu ultralite(pictured) and daw was logic 7. Now that I just upgraded to a new m3 Mac with current Logic Pro, I’ll be needing a new audio interface. I see the new MOTU ultralite is a couple years old so I wonder if the product cycle is about to be at its end.

looking forward to learning. Cheers

Dave
Hi Dave (we must stick together!) welcome back. You are perhaps a bit before my time but maybe you remember me?

Anyway...Interfaces! I am very happy with my MOTU M4 and so I guess so would you be with the Ultralite but the Big Noise these days is RME if the budget can stand it. Also, although both MOTU and RME wring the very best performance possible from USB 2.0 its limitations are showing. USB 3.0 can handle many more tracks (if you need them) and TB even more with very low latency. Not many interfaces actually utilize the full potential of USB 3.0 so read the small print!

Then of course there is the fantastic capabilities of Ethernet connections. Dante seems to be the front runner?

Dave. (V old valve amp tech)

Well, my 14 year ban is finally over. I will never recommend a condenser mic over a ribbon mic again!

So what's been happening?

Hi Andy here from Ireland. spent most of my career in raadio as an engineer and sometime DJ, I was quite handy with a splicing block, chinagraph pencil and tape back in the day! I'm also a poor musician, (guitar and keyboards), have always been interested in recording techniques, Im also a ham radio operator (EI3HG). I'm just setting up a small home studio for learning digital multitrack techniques. I am co director of a startup offering broadcast quality compression (Optimod) to file bases audio users such as musicians and podcasters. Guess what its called...?
Andy, Audyllic.com

Hi Andy here from Ireland. spent most of my career in raadio as an engineer and sometime DJ, I was quite handy with a splicing block, chinagraph pencil and tape back in the day! I'm also a poor musician, (guitar and keyboards), have always been interested in recording techniques, Im also a ham radio operator (EI3HG). I'm just setting up a small home studio for learning digital multitrack techniques. I am co director of a startup offering broadcast quality compression (Optimod) to file bases audio users such as musicians and podcasters. Guess what its called...?
Andy, Audyllic.com
Welcome! That's quite a niche background, especially here on HR! Also very interesting project, just checked it out. Looking forward to discussing!

Tony here from SC. Got into home recording couple years ago after my divorce. Thought it would be cheaper than therapy, I was bad wrong. Been playing guitar 30+ years. Mainly telecasters and an old Gibson acoustic. Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot from the forum.

Back