New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello new to the forum. Starting to build my home studio and would love some pointers on soundproofing. What's the best way that's relatively inexpensive way without Hustle and Flowing it with poor man soundproofing.

Hi people of homerecording.com.

I am so awesome.

(that's my username)

I am a multi-instrumentalist, multitracker, home recorder, etc.

my fav music is garage punk and/or any lofi independent diy music really

i hang out somewhere on the west coast of the usa

Aloha Everyone, My name is Maleko and I am very new to this site. I was gifted a recorder and need help in a few areas. First of all, the manual is not specific about what kind of SD card I should be using. I have a Tascam DP-24SD. Mainly, any specific brand and storage would help. Much mahalo. (much thanks)

Hi, I'm Liam. I'm brand new to the site. I've been dabbling with music and production for a little over decade, as a hobby. I'm looking for somewhere to talk about mixing techniques, hopefully find people to bounce ideas off. Also I'm looking to find people that would either help master, or point me in the direction of where I could get my music mastered.

Peace and love, yo <3

Aloha Everyone, My name is Maleko and I am very new to this site. I was gifted a recorder and need help in a few areas. First of all, the manual is not specific about what kind of SD card I should be using. I have a Tascam DP-24SD. Mainly, any specific brand and storage would help. Much mahalo. (much thanks)
Hey man they keep a list up on the tascam site with what cards they have tested with it. check it out. they update it every so often with specific models. you have to find like, the downloads page for the dp-24sd and it will be in there alongside the PDF copy of the manual.

The skinny is I am *here because my Audition 3 is dead (to hell with you adobe lawyers now & forever!)
So now I have to have some good editing app for me hundreds of music .wav and so Im enquiring all about such apps here
- what is a good reasonable sound editing app that y'all rely ?? Are there any decent freewares that arent below you?
but ah forget about adobe I cant afford another €25 a month :/
*I just spent about 5 minutes filling out my profile with info on meself but essentially I have Windows 10 pro 64bit pc capable of running Audition cs6

Last edited:
The skinny is I am *here because my Audition 3 is dead (to hell with you adobe lawyers now & forever!)
So now I have to have some good editing app for me hundreds of music .wav and so Im enquiring all about such apps here
- what is a good reasonable sound editing app that y'all rely ?? Are there any decent freewares that arent below you?
but ah forget about adobe I cant afford another €25 a month :/
*I just spent about 5 minutes filling out my profile with info on meself but essentially I have Windows 10 pro 64bit pc capable of running Audition cs6
Well Audacity is totally free and is a pretty useful editor. I am sure others here will have their suggestions.

I have Soundforge (was Sony) but as part of the Samplitude Pro X 6 suite. Soundforge Pro on its own is about US $ 100?

Dave.

Saides, you might also look at Reaper. While Audacity is free and good for quick and dirty edits, Reaper is much more capable as a full fledged DAW. It's a 1 time purchase of $60, and that covers 2 full versions. Currently at 6.77, you would be covered through 7.9999 which is probably about 3-4yrs away. V6 started in 2019. Plus it will continue to work even after V8.0 hits, I'm still running 5.99 happily on a Win10 4th Gen Core I5 system with no problems.

Also, there is excellent tutorial support on Youtube with Reaper Mania.

It's free to try for 60 days, and will continue to operate with just a nag screen upon startup after that point.

New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:
Hey I'm Andy I'm primarily a hiphop MC but branching out into production and building a home studio, especially interested in home recording of vocals. Have Ableton Standard, an MPD, a set of decks and am looking for a cheap SM58 on ebay :)

Saides, you might also look at Reaper. While Audacity is free and good for quick and dirty edits, Reaper is much more capable as a full fledged DAW. It's a 1 time purchase of $60, and that covers 2 full versions. Currently at 6.77, you would be covered through 7.9999 which is probably about 3-4yrs away. V6 started in 2019. Plus it will continue to work even after V8.0 hits, I'm still running 5.99 happily on a Win10 4th Gen Core I5 system with no problems.

Also, there is excellent tutorial support on Youtube with Reaper Mania.

It's free to try for 60 days, and will continue to operate with just a nag screen upon startup after that point.
I agree with this. If you need more of a DAW then Reaper is more useful than Audacity. You'll find features you might like such as the ability to quantize audio to a different BPM. But if you're doing more of editing audio files, then Audacity works fine. It just depends on what you're doing with it. Since Adobe Audition started life (way waaaayy back) as Cool Edit, you may be doing more of the latter and you will find everything you need in Audacity in that case.

Each DAW has a particular target niche e.g. doing EDM and all music is composed in the box? Maybe FL Studio. Need to perform live with your tracks? Maybe Ableton. etc. etc.

My $0.02

Hey I'm Andy I'm primarily a hiphop MC but branching out into production and building a home studio, especially interested in home recording of vocals. Have Ableton Standard, an MPD, a set of decks and am looking for a cheap SM58 on ebay :)

Hi @Manlikechez welcome to the forum. I have a couple eBay tips I use.

1. You can use "Advanced Search" to find Sold listings which gives you an idea of what the price range is for whatever you're looking for. This helps you not to overpay which is a real danger because some sellers list items above the top end of the range just because there are buyers who don't really pay attention.

2. eBay is a very temporary marketplace. If you see that an SM58, for example, sold for $68 recently using tip #1, you may still find that none are listed for less than $80 right now. In this case, you could set up a search for keyword = "SM58" price range = $50 to $75 condition = Used (and/or add any additional criteria like located only in US or only listed as an auction) and then get an email alert whenever something new gets listed. Doing this, I've often found products for cheaper than when I first looked.

Another good one to know is that auctions which end at odd times (like sunday morning at 2am) are more likely not to get sniped at the end of the auction and therefore will usually sell for lower, so it's good to keep your eyes on those.

Back