New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi I’m Brian I’ve been learning a few things from this site for a while and finally joined. I’m a big fan of tascam gear, and music making from punk - to messing with analog synths trying to sound like Goblin currently bringing a 388 back to life.

Brian here, from Long Island NY. I am inexperienced and a horrible musician who just loves all the technology. I'm 54 and have not played an instrument since I was a teenager. Just bought an inexpensive guitar and an Audio Interface for my PC. Want to learn and have fun. Nice meeting y'all.

Greetings Fellow earthlings!

I am Scoopz

Allow me to introduce myself, and provide insight to my background

I too am a creature of the earth.
I am bound to my sonic habits through the use of Reaper, Komplete, Izotope, Melodyne, Fabfilter,and others.
I am powered by a home built I5-12600K puter, with Event 20/20 bas exhaust ports.
I have been creating music in my home since @ the turn of the century
I am educated in the ways of music theory and performance, but self taught in the ways mixing and mastering
I have been in a number of different types of musical delivery systems ranging from bar band member to album producer for local band.
I am still very musically active, even though I have a day job
I have played many different stringed instruments through the years, but now only play fretless bass.

I am looking to up my mixing and mastering game
I seem to have landed here, and upon first glance, looks very promising.

I thank you for enduring all of my "I" statements! I usually don't present myself in this manner, but it just sort of rolled out.

Cheers, and look forward to all interactions!

Scoopz

Scoopz, glad to have you.

Years ago I came very close to buying the Event 20/20s. They were very nice sounding speakers. It's a shame Event has left the market.

Feel free to post some of your work, just to give us a taste of what you're up to.

Scoopz, glad to have you.

Years ago I came very close to buying the Event 20/20s. They were very nice sounding speakers. It's a shame Event has left the market.

Feel free to post some of your work, just to give us a taste of what you're up to.

Here's a little something for the season.....still working out a couple issues

Attachments

• Away in a Manger.mp3
    3 MB
Greetings Fellow earthlings!

I am Scoopz

Allow me to introduce myself, and provide insight to my background

I too am a creature of the earth.
I am bound to my sonic habits through the use of Reaper, Komplete, Izotope, Melodyne, Fabfilter,and others.
I am powered by a home built I5-12600K puter, with Event 20/20 bas exhaust ports.
I have been creating music in my home since @ the turn of the century
I am educated in the ways of music theory and performance, but self taught in the ways mixing and mastering
I have been in a number of different types of musical delivery systems ranging from bar band member to album producer for local band.
I am still very musically active, even though I have a day job
I have played many different stringed instruments through the years, but now only play fretless bass.

I am looking to up my mixing and mastering game
I seem to have landed here, and upon first glance, looks very promising.

I thank you for enduring all of my "I" statements! I usually don't present myself in this manner, but it just sort of rolled out.

Cheers, and look forward to all interactions!

Scoopz
Fretless bass. I like you already.

Hello all
Not a new member, but been away for a few years.
I'm looking for an administrator. I have no edit button to fix my posts. I'm horrible at proff reading. I usually have to fix my post about 10 times after it's posted.

I did notice that I had no email setup in my profile, not sure how that happend unless there was an update to the fourm years back. So my account was not activated till just today. I don't know how I've been using the fourm the last two weeks. Anyway, I new have an email setup and it's the accout has been confirmed today 12/25/22. I'm still not seeing the edit or report button.

I did notice that I had no email setup in my profile, not sure how that happend unless there was an update to the fourm years back. So my account was not activated till just today. I don't know how I've been using the fourm the last two weeks. Anyway, I new have an email setup and it's the accout has been confirmed today 12/25/22. I'm still not seeing the edit or report button.
Could be your browser? Using a computer or phone and what browser. In Chrome on both my Mac and iPhone, the Report "link" (not a "button" per se) is in the lower left corner of the post - only visible when you're logged in. On my iPhone, you have to click the "..." next to the Report link. (Again, Chrome browser.)Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 3.42.37 PM.png

no keith, I just tired logging in with Chrome, same thing. It's something with the account.
Anyone happen to know who the admin is here? I tried sending an email to the contact link at the bottom right of the forum. But I know it's a holiday.

Hello - I'm new here. Interested in what others are doing in their home studios. You can check out what I've been trying to piece together on my youtube channel. Thanks!!

Welcome TheSingingDrummer! Had a quick look at your channel, until my battery is almost empty.
Looks like you have an interesting setup. I'll take another look when I have juice.

Back