New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Thanks TR. I can't even tell you what year it was last time I was here but I don't remember the content being what it is now. There are a lot of great topics and contributions so I think I'll be around :-)(y)(y)

Hey I’m Max. I found this forum because I was searching for a solution to a problem I’m having with my Tascam 424. I will probably stick around because this seems fun

Hi Max, I am also new... sort of (see above). Anyhoo we'll see you around. FYI, I used to have a 424 but it's long gone so I can't help with your question.

Hi everybody, i’m back on the forum after many years away. Anyways, i give myself a second breath and hope to progress and why not help others. Cheers guys 🤘🏼

Hi, I'm a new guy from Prescott, AZ. I'm a 70 year-old amateur musician/retired lawman who is a dinosaur in the gear department. (I'm still on a Tascam 2488NEO, but I like it for the kind of stuff I do.)

Oldies R&R, 40's big band, and jazz standards are my favorite genres. My arsenal consists of keyboards, guitars, trumpets and a variety of other noise-making devices. And, I play in several small combos and a 16-piece college big band.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to picking up ideas and suggestions from the forum, as well as, connecting with new friends. So, be prepared for a lot of dumb questions from me as I try to improve my recording skills.

Last edited:
Welcome Bird Man.
Big band music can be very cool.
I bought a Buddy Rich DVD from a charity shop. Poor quality video, because of its age, but his band were all very professional, and had their solos,
even though Buddy was the star name.

Hi Bird Man, my did was a WWII vet that loved big band jazz so I grew up listening to lot of that stuff. Later on I was able to turn him on to newer stuff like the Brian Setzer Orchestra and Weather Report. You will learn a lot here so don't be afraid to ask.

Hi Bird Man, my did was a WWII vet that loved big band jazz so I grew up listening to lot of that stuff. Later on I was able to turn him on to newer stuff like the Brian Setzer Orchestra and Weather Report.
Hey markmann - You turned your Dad onto some great stuff. Not only is the Brian Setzer Orchestra the best band that has revived the big band era sound, but in my opinion, Setzer is probably the best all-around and underrated electric guitarist that I've ever heard. (Acoustic guitar accolades has to go to Tommy Emmanuel.)

Hey markmann - You turned your Dad onto some great stuff. Not only is the Brian Setzer Orchestra the best band that has revived the big band era sound, but in my opinion, Setzer is probably the best all-around and underrated electric guitarist that I've ever heard. (Acoustic guitar accolades has to go to Tommy Emmanuel.)
I totally agree. Those two guys are beasts on guitar!

BSO is fabulous. Their Christmas tours were legendary. Another good group doing the big band style is Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I've seen them a couple of times live, and they put on a great show.

As for Tommy, I've seen him 7 or 8 times. He never disappoints.

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash. Okay, I'm not. My names Tony. I used to be in a band many years ago. I love music and love recording, whether it's with others, or laying down a vocal cover, or guitar noise for my own amusement.

I've attached an MP3 of an original song recorded live with my old band 'Tantrum' at a bar on Halloween Night back in '97. We came up with this song during a "combustion jam" at practice a week before the Halloween gig.

I didn't even have any lyrics written for it yet, and sang it totally different on that night (mush mouthed it) than I did the two times we played at practice. Good times.

Attachments

• Auxiliary Slave 3.mp3
    1.7 MB
Hi everyone!

I'm SrirachaiLatte. I've been playing bass for 15 years and guitar for almost as long. I've been mixing and mastering my own stuff for a decade or so and really want to do it for other people, I can't finish a song of mine but I love the engineering side of things!

I mostly work in the rock side of things, mostly post punk, 90's stuff, classic rock and stoner/doom/sludge. I also REALLY love the most experimental side of pop music... Or most pop side of experimental music? Grimes is my ultimate idole along with FKA Twigs, Björk, Psychic TV and insane in the head people like Venetian Snares or old Igorrr. Not to mention my love of hip hop, and even tho I don't want to produce this I really enjoy harsh noise ... Yeah, I just love music as long as the music is good!

Oh, and if that matters, I'm from France, more specifically Bretagne/Rennes!
Hey! Do you have any samples here on the forum?

Hi everyone!

My name is Alex. Just joined the forum now. I never thought to search for a home recording community.

I've been playing music over 20 years. Dabbled with gigging when I was in college then life happened.

Picked up writing and recording as a hobby during the pandemic. Looking to get some feedback on my mixes. Will post them in the mp3 section.

I'm into Punk and Metalcore. Good examples are MxPx, the Descendants, Blink182, older Green Day, NFG, Four Year Strong.

Looking forward hearing from you guys.

Cheers,
Alex

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash. Okay, I'm not. My names Tony. I used to be in a band many years ago. I love music and love recording, whether it's with others, or laying down a vocal cover, or guitar noise for my own amusement.

I've attached an MP3 of an original song recorded live with my old band 'Tantrum' at a bar on Halloween Night back in '97. We came up with this song during a "combustion jam" at practice a week before the Halloween gig.

I didn't even have any lyrics written for it yet, and sang it totally different on that night (mush mouthed it) than I did the two times we played at practice. Good times.
Excellent!

I find these old recordings to be fascinating. These days everyone has recording on their phones, so audio or video isn't unusual. When I was playing in a band, you had to make a significant effort to record anything. We were lucky to have a half dozen pictures snapped with a cheap pocket Instamatic camera. There was no home video recording.

Hi -new here - I am from the UK and have been recording using Cakewalk since 1994 and although I have used Zoom effects its my first time with a Zoom recorder. Am hoping to get some good advice from the members here. I will continue to use my software DAW but the R8 will allow me to record ideas as well as some tracks that i can then copy into my DAW.

Back