New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Soulmann here... am here because I know nothing and fake the rest ... hopefully will figure out what to do with all this gear I came upon... I seem to function best by muckin about, then reading about it, then mucking some more, then reading about it etc... and sometimes I need someone to show me WTH I am doin cuz I get a brain block... I am not a rich man being disabled, so can't afford to buy fancy stuff... have lotsa old stuff and am just being given some toys that are a bit over my head right now, so will need some help on this stuff... mostly 80's and 90's gear...

Sometimes the best thing to do when starting out is simply mucking about like you do :) Helps you learn all the ins and outs and knobs and such!

Welcome to you all :D

Hi

Hey Guys,

My name is Ethan. I live here in Seattle. I saw a friend of mine who was making audio and he inspired me.

A few months back, I lost the love of my life and some reason I started to write songs/poetry. I told friends that I plan to at least make 1 track by this Fall and they all laughed ;D. Lets prove them wrong guys!

I dont really have any audio background so everything I do from here on out is my learning curve. I hope to get help from here and also share what I have learned.

Thank you guys and hope to get to know you here ;D

Welcome all new members! I get lost in studio sometimes, and miss the introductions here. I hope to share with you all! :D

Hiya, I'm Conor. Been playing piano about 10 years, just picking up guitar and vocals. I've written songs for a long time... initially had finale print music, got a mac and moved onto garageband. And now I'm looking into doing actual, quality stuff. I want to be able to show off my music, but I want it to be in a better state. One of my goals is to submit a few songs to my school's fine arts publication next year.

Hello, I'm Francesco.

Been playing guitar for, well, on and off, 25+ years. Been singing for a little less. Some 15 years ago I was playing with some friends, did some gigs in bars and pubs for about two years.

I've always recorded in pro studios, so I have almost zero knowledge of the recording, editing, mixing and mastering processes..

I decided I wanted to record some covers and some of my pieces, so I'm setting up a home recording, well, calling it a studio might be quite a stretch, but for lack of a better word... ;)

Right now I have a Tascam US800, a Bluebird mic and a Shure SM57... Going quite nice, but I'm still getting grip with it :)

Alright, gonna ask a couple of questions straight away. See you all around :)

hey everybody, spiderfiend here. this is my first post. currently residing in Humboldt, CA. i've been using the forum for the last year or so to soak up information and what not. i am finally getting my gear together to set up a studio in my room. I just acquired a tascam M-312b mixer and a tascam series 70, 4 track 1/2" reel to reel. i am fairly new to the recording scene. i've been around it for 15 years, but now i'm the one behind the board and in control of the equipment. i know it's going to take a while to get it down, but i'm patient and excited to doing what i love. I hope to be using the forum more often and to become an active member. I don't really have anyone living around my area that i can talk to about engineering (other than the music store guys, and it seems like they don't have time to talk), so i will be relying on you guys and other forums. so, Hello.

Hello I'm David and just joined...I have been playing with Home Recording for a while...I just posted a question in the newbies section I think...I am registered as DGCamden. Not sure how to get around this site, but will pick it up pretty quick.
D.

Hi hi everyone, I'm TripMX, and I'm new to Home Recording Forums! ^_^

I'm an aspiring creator of music; I'm relatively new to the hobby (around 5 months thus far), but I certainly love it---well, I love a finished project/product, lol. I tend to lean more towards instrumental.

Nice to be here. =)

Hey All,

Just saying hey - I'm just starting out with home recording and am hoping to find some good advice about techniques, hardware & software. Kind of making my delayed dream a hobby since I can finally afford to spend some extra time / $$$$ on recording/music.

Just to give you guys a little background so I don't come off as completely incompetent :p I've been playing the piano since I was 4, guitar since 11, sax since 12. I'm hoping to put some of my knowledge into recording/songwriting, but don't really have enough knowledge to get there on my own as it stands.

Thanks in advance to everyone who contributes here and anyone who helps me with questions that I have!

Thanks,
John

What's up everyone. This is Floyd Write here. I'm a MC, Beat Maker, Promoter and Graphic Designer based out of Phoenix, AZ. Great site here. Look forward to being a part of your community.

I'm Sara. I want recording to be easy so that I don't look at it as too much trouble. Well actually, I'd prefer someone else just do it for me, and let me just play...but that's not an option. ;-)

Once we get you to spelling noob right, we will be well on our way to learning you up! lol!

Welcome to the forum! :D

Hey everyone. I play electric guitar and recently decided to start recording. Because I have never done any recording before, and have a lot of questions, I joined this forum.

Hi. My name is Dylan. I'm a college student, going for electrical engineering. Being the electronics nerd I am, a lot of the stuff I use for recording is built by yours truly. I build everything from mixers to effect pedals. If you want to check out some stuff I've built, check out the link in my signature.

Hi! My name is Norm and I am a ... home music recording newbie. I wish I had known this forum earlier. That would have save me money. But it is not to late.

Cheers,

Norm

hi. i'm mikey

hello, been in bands for about 15 years. dabbled in recording for solo fun and practice recordings with tascam us-428. no i'm trying to get into it for real using tascam us-2000. i need help

Back