New Here! Need Advice.

mattuk80586

Whats up I'm new to this. I am wanting to purchase some fairly cheap software that I can upload instrumental tracks onto and record vocals while listening to the instrumental in my head phones. Just doing this for a hobby. Thanks for the help.

You're going to need some sort of interface -- It will probably come with some sort of limited edition software that will do what you want.

Whats up I'm new to this. I am wanting to purchase some fairly cheap software that I can upload instrumental tracks onto and record vocals while listening to the instrumental in my head phones. Just doing this for a hobby. Thanks for the help.

You're going to need some sort of interface -- It will probably come with some sort of limited edition software that will do what you want.

Massive Master... who is a top drawer pro and tremendous resource... highlights an ongoing issue with this type of community... what I percieve as the I-just-don't-have-enough-hours-in-the-day response. Nonetheless, he is 110% correct... every I/O device that I've ever bought came with a LE edition of recording software.

Personally I use Sony Soundforge but then I only record two tracks at the same time.

This list of free audio software is on WikiPedia and may prove to be a great resource. Audicity is a highly regarded freeware application that a lot of people like though I've never used it.

TweakHeadz is the site that got me started in audio recording. Something of information overload, but you won't have to wait for someone to get back to you and you won't be rolling the dice as to the quality of the response. Once you've pounded your forehead bloody on TweakHeadz then come back here with targeted questions. If you want to learn all about preamps Massive Master is 'da MAN!!

If you have a Mac Garageband is really great for the kinds of things you posted. I know from working at the Apple store for a while, a good number of people don't even know what it's for.

Back