New here. Looking for help on my home studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can say that, sure, but why suggest that being from UK has something to do with anything?

Modifying your attitude is no longer a suggestion, Mack. It's a requirement.

You can say that, sure, but why suggest that being from UK has something to do with anything?

Modifying your attitude is no longer a suggestion, Mack. It's a requirement.

I have no problem at all doing so. I believe in rules. Just let me know which ones I need to follow. The ones for Members in the US, or the UK, or for Mods. My post is not open to interpretation, it is simply for my own understanding. Your community is riddled with sarcasm from your members across the pond, yet when a Yank steps in, everything goes out the window and everyone else just slaps a smiley on the end and screams, no not me, I was just playin!.

I can assure you that if I am called out and am wrong, I will be the first to admit it publicly. This is the third time Jimmis has called me out and I gave him facts to back up my statements. Yet he has never had the decency to respond back. Did I break this rule? Or are the Mods always 100% correct regardless if their comments are made to inflame the situation? As you can see from this thread, with 29 years in the business this man had no clue!

Hey man, I'm wrong more often than I'm right.
Got no problem admitting that.

Around here, I honestly like it.
That doesn't mean it's always easy to take, but when an ECC or a Master comes along and corrects me, I'm glad there was someone with greater knowledge who could do that!

You seem to think everything requires a counter argument and that someone has to win.

Pinky harmlessly pointed out that your quote didn't make sense.
You took it as an attack and responded your way, which is exactly what I told you you've been doing a few hours prior via PM.

Honestly Mack, everyone here isn't attacking you.

What's really happening is you're massively overreacting regularly and now people are getting sick of it which, again, I told you would happen via PM.

The next step in the pattern is that you start directly insulting people, and the step after that is that you "leave" and then come back to start again.
The final thing I told you in PM was that I'd break the cycle permanently next time so have a think.

I mean this sincerely; Do you want to stay here and get on with people and maybe try to be a little less defensive?

Mack, there's actually a recording forum specifically developed by and tailored for those who share your personality type. Free yourself of the burden of tolerating us and spread your wings.

The Recording Rebels - Rebels Main

(For the record, this IS a snarky semi-personal attack. My prior posts are/were not.)

Do you want to stay here and get on with people and maybe try to be a little less defensive?

I would like to stay and I will do my best to be less defensive. I mean this sincerely. Maybe I should just be part of the "Welcome Wagon" as you suggested in your sticky thread for the MP3 Clinic, as far as showing new members how to get involved. I truly am sick of bickering.

I really believe the vast majority of guys here are a good sort.
I said in PM that if you have a legit issue or complaint the mods will have your back - True for anyone - but looking at this thread all I see is a jokey comment taken thick.

If you don't appreciate that sense of humour or you doubt it then OK...I guess we'll all get to know each other in time but from a mod perspective, what was any of us meant to do?
PM Pinky and warn him for being mildly amusing!?

Just know that like any forum there are jokes and there's banter but the vast majority of people are not intent on having a go or starting something.

There's a stigma now, all the same, so...you know...Don't be surprised if a couple of guys shut the door.

I'm not even going to waste my time...

Like I said Jimmi, you were called out and you were 100% incorrect!

I really believe the vast majority of guys here are a good sort.
I said in PM that if you have a legit issue or complaint the mods will have your back - True for anyone - but looking at this thread all I see is a jokey comment taken thick.

If you don't appreciate that sense of humour or you doubt it then OK...I guess we'll all get to know each other in time but from a mod perspective, what was any of us meant to do?
PM Pinky and warn him for being mildly amusing!?

Just know that like any forum there are jokes and there's banter but the vast majority of people are not intent on having a go or starting something.

There's a stigma now, all the same, so...you know...Don't be surprised if a couple of guys shut the door.

OK, so I answered your question, and it seems you still want more. What do I need to do?

Jesus, I'm trying to be the diplomat here.
Stabbing me in the eye with the ol' olive branch there, Mack. Nice work.

Go forth and be cool. :

Jesus, I'm trying to be the diplomat here.
Stabbing me in the eye with the ol' olive branch there, Mack. Nice work.

Go forth and be cool. :

I apologize to you if you think I stabbed you in the eye. As far as the door being closed, maybe it can be opened from all involved at a later date. Bottom line, I simply want to take advice as well as give it, and when it comes to new members joining HR, point them to the right place to ask their questions.

If I ever attack a new member, discredit them, insult them, embarrass them or make them feel UN-welcome, do what needs to be done to stop it asap. This should go for any member of this community. As far as sparing with anyone who has 3 or 4 decades under their belt, well, 10 cooks in the kitchen type of thing and that is truly what I need to stay away from.

What I would like to see happen is a new member join this community, go off site and see that the advice given, can be relied upon. I don't care about rep points or likes. Most new members have no idea what they mean to begin with.

Like I said Jimmi, you were called out and you were 100% incorrect!

Um, no. First off it is Jimmy... Mr. Strickler if yer nasty. lol

There is a term used by master (I use that term loosely as my ego does not precede my desire to perform installs correctly) tile setters to describe other tile setters that cut corners. The term used is 'hack'.

Laughed at is when these hacks use a phrase 'when in doubt-grout'. That is utter bullshit and cutting corners in regards to the quality of the install. There is no coverup for a poor installation and attention to detail. Yes, you can completely destroy a great install with a shitty grout job, but that is not the point I was making and your analogy sucked because of the poor information you used to back it. Those good at what they do in this trade do not cut corners, so the article is directed at DIY guys. I guess the analogy is kind of relevant there maybe, but the point is that you called me out as being incorrect. How about I call you out as being a hack? That sound like respectful behavior? I have never judged your experience directly, only the way you present it.

I don't give a shit about your article from whatever shitty newspaper you found on the internet. That is not correct and there is a reason for it.

There is also a reason I am booked out 3 to 4 months in advance for my remodel services in Denver. Because I didn't take shit I read off the internet and pretend to know what I am talking about. I have real world/hands on experience.

I did not post bullshit that you have no experience with. You did. What is your problem man?

This should have been dealt with in PM between you and I, but since you decided to make it public, then here you go:

You are 100% incorrect and I resent your attitude calling me out as being incorrect as per the tile analogy. You have no tile experience that I can see otherwise you would not have made such a statement. Taking an article on home improvement as fact and true knowledge has now made me doubt other knowledge you may actually have. See how that works?

People skills are a great thing to have. You are showing you jump to be offended and lash out at others because you feel the need to always be right.

How does that help others?

Sorry to #CognitiveMiser (OP) that your initial thread got derailed so fast by the MarkCaster "spin my own make-no-sense ideas on everyone" way this went.
I did reply to the thread you started in the 'Studio Building and Acoustic Treatment' section of this forum.

Mack, there's actually a recording forum specifically developed by and tailored for those who share your personality type. Free yourself of the burden of tolerating us and spread your wings.

The Recording Rebels - Rebels Main

(For the record, this IS a snarky semi-personal attack. My prior posts are/were not.)

:facepalm: :rolleyes:

You already have one dumpster fire going here...so you now want to start another one..?
Don't take your trash to the neighbors' house if you don't want him to return the favor.

:facepalm: :rolleyes:

You already have one dumpster fire going here...so you now want to start another one..?
Don't take your trash to the neighbors' house if you don't want him to return the favor.

I asked the neighbor to consider relocating. ;)

@ Steenamaroo, see, just like I said. Either un tie my hands or do your job and shut down your pack of dogs! Like the trash hauler that has 2 videos on YT, seven years ago. Really, that's his claim to fame? Or your rouge MOD that has lost his credibility concerning his comments of taking it private, when he made it public to begin with, as well as his ignorance on what a tile helper is taught on their first day from any major tile company in 2017! Out dated, give me a FB!

As far as Pinky goes, ya, that is a good analysis of him since is is a child's cartoon. Hows that for the "Good Ol Boys Club". Your call Steen, nobody want to be insulted and just sit back and take it! I tried it your way now did I break any rules for the community, or just for your wolf pack?

Like the trash hauler that has 2 videos on YT, seven years ago. Really, that's his claim to fame?

First off...I was commenting to Pinky, not you....but since you wanna go there, please enlighten us, what is your claim to fame exactly?
Obviously, you think that coming here is about showing off your "fame".

I think so little of that kind of nonsense, that's why I got only a couple of old videos floating on YT, and I'm not worried about updating anything just for show...but I'm flattered that you took the time to check them out, even if it was only for the sake of tossing out some personal digs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back