New forum member!

Gunther

Hey guys,

New member here, want to say great site and awesome info. I found you guys while looking for info on components for my vocal chain. I wanted as clean and transparent a sound as I could afford for under a thousand bucks. What do you guys think of my choices?

Microphone: Rode NT1000 ($300)
Mic Pre: M-audio DMP 3 ($200)
Compressor: Behringer ($70)
Reverb: Lexicon mpx110 ($200)

Total from lips to mixer: $770

This all goes into a pre-existing behringer 8 channel mixer as do my keys (Korg N1 and Roland JV1010 module.) I am using the free version of Pro tools to record. I can only record 2 audio channels at a time, but that’s good enough for my needs, for now.

I also had to buy a good heat sink (Thermalright SLK800) and a few Panotech fans, my old setup sounds like a jet turbine when listened to through the NT1000 (HS and 3 fans, $83)

I am very happy with the overall sound, it is worlds better than what I had before (EV BK-1 mic with a Roland GP-16 guitar effects processor used for compression and reverb.)

Anyway, thanks…

Welcome to the best BBS in the WWW Gunther!

If you are satisfied with the results that you are getting....
then your setup is "right as rain". ;)

F_cksia: I mentioned the prices because I said I wanted to do it for under a thousand bucks. I think I kept in my budget pretty good.

I got the MDX1400 Autocom 2 chan compressor.
All joking aside, IMO its not a bad piece of gear. Its quiet enough for me and it does its job without totally screwing up the sound. Plus its got all the controls I need. I wanted to get a compresser / mic-pre combo but not too many of them allowed you to control both threshold and ratio (I was looking at the joe-meek 200$ pre / comp'sor.)

All joking aside, IMO its not a bad piece of gear.

Not to worry Gunth,....
Mr. Q baby here is by all means the #1 Behringer advocator
in these parts. In time you will see just how much he loves them. ;)

Back