New to forum - looking for portability recording

kubbear

I've been in broadcast advertising for longer than I care to mention. I'm still active with a client and would like setup a way to record voice overs on a cell phone or Ipad. I won't be doing the final post production. The voice overs will be a two talent read. So I'm thinking a two mic with monitor for myself. This is for field recording when the talent cannot make it into the studio.

I've been in broadcast advertising for longer than I care to mention. I'm still active with a client and would like setup a way to record voice overs on a cell phone or Ipad. I won't be doing the final post production. The voice overs will be a two talent read. So I'm thinking a two mic with monitor for myself. This is for field recording when the talent cannot make it into the studio.

Hand held recorders sun as the Zooms have reached really excellent levels of performance although for many situations separate (lapel?) mics might give better results than the built in jobbies.

You give no budget but please don't cheap out on the kit! We hear so many bloody awful interviews on TV these days. Reporters are now 'One Man Bands' (used to have a sound man) and know FA about finding a quiet space with reasonably dead acoustics, or can't be arsed! Yonks ago good sound recordists were getting FAR better results with a Grampian DP4 and a 'pro'ish' cassette recorder than today with 100dB dynamic range digital stuff. Kit can't replace experience and EFFORT!

The same principles apply In the Field as in the studio. Get close to exclude room effects and noises off.

Dave.

Back