New drumkit samples suggestion needed

adventureboy

I have two questions. I've just upgraded my PC, so it's out with the old and in with the new. I've been using EZdrummer for years to play my drum tracks but I'm getting a bit bored of it now and I'm thinking of buying a sample package of good, studio quality hits and kits to build my own drum tracks but I just do not know where to start. I've also been using Fruity Loops to assemble my drums then exporting to Cubase but I'm not wanting to use that two-system approach anymore.

Question 1.
I'm now very recently using Reaper as my DAW and I'm looking for a solution for something where I can assemble my drum tracks from the samples within Reaper. Does anybody know or have a good workable system like this?

Question 2.
Going back to the real drum sample packs, I'm not wanting to pay 150 pounds again for EZdrummer 2, but I'd be prepared to pay a fair amount for a good sample package of mixed kits rather than chancing my luck on random loop downloads. If anybody can recommend a really good quality sample drum package that I can buy that would be greatly appreciated.
Kind thanks
Rob

I have spent a small fortune on gear, hardware and software so it all mounts up as you know. Some good deals I'm finding as I start to look around. Value for money is never a bad thing :)

Over the years, I've bought EZD1, EZD2, SD2, and SSD4, all on sale for at least 50% off. SSD4 I got for $99 in an awesome sale. Toontrack has their annual summer sale (just ended not too long ago), and they usually have black friday deals as well. Those are usually 50% discounts. Maybe there'll be some labor day sales that'll have something that you're interested in.

I have two questions. I've just upgraded my PC, so it's out with the old and in with the new. I've been using EZdrummer for years to play my drum tracks but I'm getting a bit bored of it now and I'm thinking of buying a sample package of good, studio quality hits and kits to build my own drum tracks but I just do not know where to start. I've also been using Fruity Loops to assemble my drums then exporting to Cubase but I'm not wanting to use that two-system approach anymore.

Question 1.
I'm now very recently using Reaper as my DAW and I'm looking for a solution for something where I can assemble my drum tracks from the samples within Reaper. Does anybody know or have a good workable system like this?

Question 2.
Going back to the real drum sample packs, I'm not wanting to pay 150 pounds again for EZdrummer 2, but I'd be prepared to pay a fair amount for a good sample package of mixed kits rather than chancing my luck on random loop downloads. If anybody can recommend a really good quality sample drum package that I can buy that would be greatly appreciated.
Kind thanks
Rob

I would take a look at BFD3 from FXpansion. It is excellent with the options to add new sample packs. Great realism, loops/grooves and multiple layering and realism.

https://www.fxpansion.com/products/bfd3/

Back