Need suggestion on microphones

Gildar76

Hi,

This is my first post, so I'm not sure if I should post this elsewhere but this looks like the right place to ask this.

I'm getting a new microphone and I want something for recording some video voice overs as well as vocals. The vocals When it comes to vocals I'm drecording just me and a guitar. I started out learning some basics with a Samson meteor mic and recording the guitar through my ZOOM G3X effect. The mic broke down recently, so now I'm looking for something new.

I have been looking at some basic studio packages as well as some slightly more expensive USB microphones to replace the old microphone.

I've been looking at the focusrite scarlet package as well as a package containing Steinberg CI1 + sE X1 Amazon.com: sE Electronics X1 Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic: Musical Instruments (+ a basic stand, pop filter and headphones)

I was also looking at some USB mics, and the Blue Yeti looked ok for a while until I found out that it will be tricky mounting it on a stand and adding a pop filter unless I want it sitting on my desk, since the thing is quite large. Anyway, adding the "special" pop filter and check mount on that one would probably cost me just as much as getting one of the other packages.

As I mentioned, versatility is quite important to me as I currently don't even have a microphone to use with Skype :)

I'm currently leaning towards the package containing the sE X1 but would like to hear what other people think.

Here's a summary of my needs again.
1. Basic communication like SKype (any mic should be ok for this :))
2. Video voice overs (not profesional)
3. Vocals (currently learning, so I want just something that works ok)

Thanks!

Back