Need some help with my RC 30

McAllu

Hey guys. Im kinda in a pickle. Does anyone mind answering few of my questions?
So pretty much i bought RC 30 loop pedal, Steinber UR22 audio interface and a mic.
Dont have a guitar yet to plug into the loop pedal. and even an amp. ( GOnna get those next weekend).
So i was wondering can i use my RC 30 to loop my mic and practise looping before i get my new gear.
Correct path should be mic - looper- Steinberg UR22 - PC.
But i cant figure out how to connect my RC 30 to Steinberg .
I also have a condenser mic ( USB one, Se X1 USB ).
Is there a way i could like get the x1 sound for the guitar to loop with RC 30 and use mic seperatly for vocals ?
Didnt really know much about the connections so the guy from the guitar store just gave me 3 insturment cabels and 1 mic cable. Is that enough ?

Or is there a way to like .. Record with 2 diffrent mic-s at the same time ? ( IF i skip the RC 30 totally for now). X1 for the guitar and normal vocal mic.. For vocals. through Steinberg ur22

You haven't mentioned what DAW (recording software) you are using.

Easy question first - yes you can use two mics, or one guitar plus one mic at same time with the UR22 to record two separate tracks. There are two inputs on the front of the UR22. TO plug a guitar directly into it, use input 2 and hit the 'Hi Z' switch.

Yes, you can plug a mic into the UR22 and use the looper.
If it does you will need to set up the routing in your DAW (and I assume in the UR22 software 'mixer'). Plug the mic into input 1. Take an instrument cable (1/4" phone-phone plug) and plug one end into the back of the UR22's "line out" L/1 jack, and the other end into the RC30's "input" jack. Take another 1/4" cable and plug it into the RC30 output jack and into the UR22's input 2 jack.
You will then set the routing in your DAW to have the mic input 1> DAW track 1; track 1> out to Left/UR22; looper input 2 > DAW track 2, track 2 out to right/UR22. With headphones plugged into the UR22 you will hear your original input form the mic on the left and the looper output on the right.
Make sure you set the DAW to UR22 (output) routing correctly or you will get a feedback loop.

Back