Need headphones with soft pads - but which one to go for?

Hmm... thought i'd re-open this thread..

Are there any Beyerdynamic or Audio Technica headphones that allows to change the pads relatively easily, or?

And are DT770 and M50X still the recommended ones, hmm?

The DT770 pads should be fine as is. They’re soft and comfortable. The M-50 pads are not........and the M-50 is a terrible headphone for most anything like mixing. Even for listening........they’re not good........but that’s just my opinion...and I’m sure I’ll get some feedback on that.

If you are on a budget I would recommened the AKG K52. I have been a long term AKG user and they are definitely my go to brand when it comes to headphones. They are very affordable, and the quality is superb!

twoelevengear.com/product/akg-k52-headphones

If you are on a budget I would recommened the AKG K52. I have been a long term AKG user and they are definitely my go to brand when it comes to headphones. They are very affordable, and the quality is superb!

twoelevengear.com/product/akg-k52-headphones

I already have Sennheiser HD201, and those AKG K52s look pretty much similar to my HD201. But, it seems to be a good alternative in case one is looking for a budget alternative, indeed. See, the problem with most reviewers out there is that they yap about everything else but forget to mention anything about sound leakage/isolation. How's the isolation on the AKG K52s?

So far, it seems like one of the Beyerdynamics will be my to-go for headphones, but I shall snoop around some more to see what i end up with.

I really like my DT770s - mentioned earlier, but I have to say I don't really trust them for mixing. Fine for tracking and nice listening phones, but they don't expose things like you want (IMO). Not sure what your use cases are, other than having something more isolating. And, initially, your budget was $50 which is a long way from the DT770 range.

I think the Sonys (MDR-V6 or 7506) with upgraded pads are a nice option for listening and while I don't mix with them, I trust them pretty well for checking something I think is finished - it has to sound good on those. (They are closed back so can be used for tracking.) Still, not $50... (I have my old V6s by my notebook right now.) Of course, you don't *have* to upgrade the pads right away, but you'll be replacing them soon enough.

I really like my DT770s - mentioned earlier, but I have to say I don't really trust them for mixing. Fine for tracking and nice listening phones, but they don't expose things like you want (IMO). Not sure what your use cases are, other than having something more isolating. And, initially, your budget was $50 which is a long way from the DT770 range.

I think the Sonys (MDR-V6 or 7506) with upgraded pads are a nice option for listening and while I don't mix with them, I trust them pretty well for checking something I think is finished - it has to sound good on those. (They are closed back so can be used for tracking.) Still, not $50... (I have my old V6s by my notebook right now.) Of course, you don't *have* to upgrade the pads right away, but you'll be replacing them soon enough.

Actually, to make things easier, i tried posting a new thread to completely define what my budget is and what my usage area for the headphones are: Need new headphones with fairly better sound isolation than HD201! Any suggestions?

Thanks again, man.

Oh yes......the old MDR V-6 is an excellent headphone. They’re not quite as bright as the 7506....which is a good thing. Not sure you can buy them new anymore but if you can.........they might be pretty cheap. I think they’re sort of a poor mans HD-600...but with better comfort and bigger sound stage.

hands down Sennheiser HD280 pro

Bloody hell! They seem like the optimal choice for me! GREAT price, GREAT reviews and quite so modular too! Gonna put on some velvet earpads on them and they will be top notch!! The ONLY thing that seems to be sucky is that it doesn't come with a detachable cable... But THANKS for the suggestion anyways!

Back