Need advice on BASS! IE: making heavy bass mechanic 305 stuff

snoopdan

Hi, im a noob starting out, I have a general idea of how the audio production software and equipment functions, I have Fruittyloops, Cubase, Steinberg, Cakewalk,...whatever so software isnt the issue, its the plan of attack.

Im wanting to make some very thick and heavy bass tracks, like stuff you'd hear on albums for Bass 305, Bass Mechanik, Crunk, hardcore bass heavy rap, etc. The stuff the car stereo guys use for their competitons and the like, is a good example. I fell kinda retarded asking this, becuase I dont know exactly what to ask of yet, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction for my efforts. Im a big car audio hobbiest, ive won several awards for car audio so now im looking at making my own beats for demonstrations at car shows.

Here is a sample of what I want to be able to do with my computer at home, and if I have to buy other gear such as a small midi keyboard like Oxygen, im ok with that.

Techno / Bass Electronica Example #1 -

Rap Example #2 -
(I really like the raw bass in this track)

I appreciate you time in helping me, I do pretty good once im headed in the right direction. After reading numerous websites on audio production, im quite honestly overwhealmed by all the info, so in this thread im asking for help and guidence so I dont get taken for my money and time.

Thanks for you time in checking out my thread!

Last edited:
so no one can steer me in the right direction at all here? After 29 original views of this topic before this post? :mad:

snoopdan said:
Hi, im a noob starting out, I have a general idea of how the audio production software and equipment functions, I have Fruittyloops, Cubase, Steinberg, Cakewalk,...whatever so software isnt the issue, its the plan of attack.

Im wanting to make some very thick and heavy bass tracks, like stuff you'd hear on albums for Bass 305, Bass Mechanik, Crunk, hardcore bass heavy rap, etc. The stuff the car stereo guys use for their competitons and the like, is a good example.
Thanks for you time in checking out my thread!

I'll try & work with you to achieve your objectives but 1st give me a lil' background info by answering a few questions:

1)-Are you looking for software &/or outboard-based synth patches?
2)-Is FruitLoops your lone source for beat-creating? If not, what else do you use.
3)-What is your budget?

There are numerous ways using either software-based or outboard gear to
create earth-quakin' bottom. STOMPER, for example provides clear & powerful
sub-hits.(www.lysator.liu.se/~zap/stomper/index2.html) on par with a TR808.
LogicPro also offers pristine subharmonic patches via it's ESM monophonic synth where you can design powerful basses & leads. In addition, a relative unknown in the bass-boomin' biz', MAXXPLAYER by Wave, has a program that allows you to select and add the degree of sub-harmonics you require to enhance the listeners perception & go beyond the range of a speakers rated response.

Outboard methods include a Korg sequencer board &/or sound modules with bass patches whose effect parameters allow adjusting & fine-tuning each patch's algorithms as desired by the user.

Holla' back.

Cloneboy Studio said:
Buy an 808 and a Minimoog.
While these are definitely good choices, there are less expensive ways to get there.

Hardware: A Juno-106 can put out some earth-shaking bass.
Software: Some soft sampler and samples of TR-808 that you can find on the web.

Now, these alone will not automatically give you "that sound". These are the basic ingredients, but in reality, these people spend a lot of time to get their bass sound right. There is a lot of layering, processing, compression, EQ, distortion and all kind of other good stuff going on.

Bass 305 with flstudio

Hey i know this thread is a little old but the quest continues and i relate to what’s said here since i too have been trying to create BASS 305 type stuff myself and with FLSTUDIO i just haven’t been able to get the bass sound want .. yet... my newest attempt that I’m currently working on is using FLSTUDIO 9 and REASON 4.0 as a rewire client since REASON emulates actual hardware so well I‘m hoping it will work but its allot more complicated that i expected since i am brand new to REASON software so the struggle continues...
But i will say that from what I’ve learned over the years I’m pretty sure t hat to get a BASS 305 type bass sound its going to require a piece of actual hardware to connect through midi port to achieve it .. Or at least that’s what i have seen work by others online like "Mad Tracker" and "Bass Unlimited" these two people were cool enough to actually answer and email i sent them and they told me they use actual hardware for the bass track but i do not have that email now so I do not recall the names of the equip they recommended...
It seems like artist out there today seem to forget what it was like to "not know" something and they forget that they too had to learn and be shown what to do ... but now instead of passing the info down to us they act like its some huge secret or something... sure i would understand if "BASS MUSIC" was some sort of big time money maker or something selling cd’s like wild fire but ITS NOT and in fact the whole genere “BASS MUSIC” is slowly fading out of existence and most people do not even know who or what BASS-305 is… and so I am going to make it my mission that if I learn how to do this I am going to put together some really good tutorials and make them available for free download to ANYONE that wants to learn and help keep BASS MUSIC alive…
Heck it’s a lot more work than most people realize and its so much harder than it sounds to do it right and so if your reading this and if for some reason you have learned how and what it takes to create a real BASS track that sounds similar to BASS-305 , Techmaster PEB, Euro Bass Express , or Bass Mechanic and so on then come on and be a little different then the next guy and pass the info along because Knowledge given is Knowledge kept and when I put the tutorials online I will make it a serious point to give proper credit to those that have helped along the way since that would be the right thing to do.. Unless you would rather just keep the info locked into your head until it fades away someday…and if that’s the case then you’ll only have your self to blame when BASS MUSIC becomes just a thing of the past…
:spank:
And so to wrap this up I will just say if your also on this BASS quest then feel free to email me and I will be more than happy to share whatever info I have gathered along the way here and the progress I have made… I have been using FLSTUDIO for several years now just messing around with it (i made the big mistake of getting into a new relationship or "new girlfriend" right about the same time period that i was starting to make some progress so that seriously reduced the amount of time spent working on it but I have learned quite a bit about the program and am willing to help anyone that is just getting started with it since I REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS LIKE to sit down in front of my computer and open up that program and say to my self “oh my god this looks insanely complex …where do I start?....lol.. well it wasn’t that nice of a statement back then but you get the idea…

Thank you for reading:

Posted by:
////SYSTEM ONE

Quote for the day: “He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master”

-----------------------------
P.S.
Here is a link to my first attempt at a music video for a track i created with flstudio years ago... (But of course you will notice that the BASS channel is not the way it was intended to be except for the end of each set of bars where i actually "sampled" in a 3 second bass clip wav file or whatever to get it to drop low to around 20hz like the way i wanted it (low enough to feel more than hear it with a high end car system of course) but "samples" are not the desired method and it is nearly impossible to do a whole track that way and not to mention it would not be as original either so preferred method would be to learn to create the bass the way we want it and what instrument to create it with so that we can map it into the "piano roll" feature of flstudio and so on ... NOTE: sound and video quality has been seriously reduced by the youtube video conversion process.

oh and this track is not exactly ment to be a totall bass song ether and windows movie maker is limited and it was first attempt at music video and so on :eek: so if you need an example of what i am trying to accomplish then listen to song by BASS-305 called "ultimate car audio software" thats a good one to start with :D
heres a link to a site that will let you listen to the song http://www.musicbiatch.com/listen.php?src=1&id=7266LRyKBnz&url=http://lukaszek315.wrzuta.pl/sr/f/7266LRyKBnz/.mp3&name=Bass 305 - Test Ultimate Car Audio Software

Back