My KRK Rokit 5's keep making a hissing noise! Doesnt sound good! :(

DopestAlive

I recently just purchased Pro Tools M-Powered Fast Track along with everything i need to start recording. Microphone, cables, etc. I finally saved enough to purchase a pair of Brand New KRK Rokit 5's and was very excited! :D Unfortunately it isn't sounding crisp and great the way it was intended!!! :wtf:

Now i purchased a Livewire CPP-202 wire to connect both speakers to my M-Audio sound card that came with my Pro Tools. I've plugged them both into the top right corner of the sound card like the GuitarCenter representative told me too. I've experimented with the HF Level Adjust in the back of the speakers (-2db all the way to 1db) and even the volume. Even experimented with the knobs on my soundcard. Still that hissing noise won't go away! :(

Is there something im missing!?

Thank you my experienced and wise friends!!! :thumbs up::guitar:

ALSO! I am not using a RCA cable. I've been reading about it but the employee at Guitar Center did not mention it at all to me. Would i need it???

Is the cable a TRS or TS type?

What soundcard? I'm confused. Are you patching the speakers off the fast Track or off an internal soundcard?

Is this the Fast Track model? Post a link to the specific product you have.

M-Audio Fast Track USB | Sweetwater.com

Or is it the Ultra? On the ultra the jacks on the right side in the back are channel inserts. Use a pair of the line outputs and get a pair of TRS-TRS cables.

I am uneducated when telling the difference but there are two cables if that helps. The soundcard im using is the M-Audio. The same one i got when i bought the Pro Tools Fast Track. I am connecting my Livewire cable to the back of my M-Audio soundcard.

Hope that helps :drunk:

If you have the same interface that c7sus posted then you will need RCA to 1/4 jack cable OR as the Rokits also have RCA inputs then you can get just RCA to RCA cable and it should work fine.

And don't forget to turn volume knobs down before testing for the first time.

Two cables go to the back of my M-Audio and the other two on the other end each go into the speakers.

M-Audio make many different interfaces. You need to tell us what model you have so we can help you.
TRS plugs/cables have 3 wires/connections (Tip Ring Sleeve). Look at the plug on the cables you have - are there 3 separate connection points?

M-Audio make many different interfaces. You need to tell us what model you have so we can help you.
TRS plugs/cables have 3 wires/connections (Tip Ring Sleeve). Look at the plug on the cables you have - are there 3 separate connection points?

The model i have is the one that comes with the Pro Tools MP Studio Bundle. The Livewire TRS cables i own have 4 separate connection points. 2 on one end go into my M-Audio soundcard. And the other two on the opposite end go into the Rokits. I just went to Guitar Center to swap my soundcard thinking it was faulty but im still having the problem!!! :eek:

Please, I mean no offense, but stop calling your interface a 'soundcard', and give us a model of the unit. From my experience, GC is not a place to get good advice. At least not better than you can get here.

Most issues can be solved by just giving direct info, regarding the specific gear used, the way it is connected, and what lava lamp you have. :)

I'm kidding about the specific gear. :D

The model i have is the one that comes with the Pro Tools MP Studio Bundle. The Livewire TRS cables i own have 4 separate connection points. 2 on one end go into my M-Audio soundcard. And the other two on the opposite end go into the Rokits. I just went to Guitar Center to swap my soundcard thinking it was faulty but im still having the problem!!! :eek:

M Audio have 5 different bundles.

Is it this one? Avid Pro Tools MP + Fast Track Pro | GuitarCenter

You need to use balanced TRS cables to connect the monitors. TRS cables have 3 connection points ON EACH END of the cable, + _ and ground. This may or may not improve your problem, but its a start.

Back