Music Software

enuff1

I was Interested in buying a Software Program I found on the Internet called "Music Studio Generation 5', But before I bought it, I wanted to know, if anyone has heard of it, if they've used it, and what they think of it. Thanks in advance...

What is your budget?

We will probably suggest something different, once we know how much you can afford to spend on software. ;)

Hey enuff,

Like spin said tell us your budget...... but also important is what are you lookin the software to do for you

To be honest, I'm new to all this, but i guess I could afford software, that would run about $100-150. I'm not sure what I would exactly need, but I would want it to do a little more then my Tascam 414 can do. I have been listening to some of the post where members have added their mp3 files, and they really sound professional. I like my 414 MkII, but I haven't gotten the sound quality, I would like yet, that's why I was asking about the software. I do have "Quartz Studio Free 370 E", but it seems to difficult to use, so I was alsolooking for a program, That is easy to use, and understand. Thanks!!!

I also forgot to add. I have a "Sis 620 Intragraded soundcard, with 1 mic Input & 2 Speaker inputs. My System is a 500MHz 13 Gb HD. Intel PentiumIII type. I also have 240 Megs of memory. I don't know if that matters...

I looked it up, you can get Generation6 (!) for $15.11

Since you are new, you might consider it to learn on. N-tracks is about $50-60 I think, and is probably much better, but $15 sounds pretty sweet to get your feet wet with.

This would be something that you might buy at best buy, where N-tracks, Home Studio and Cubasis are more "music store" products. Download the N-Track demo and let us know what you think.

I Downloaded N-Track from Fasoft .com Yesterday, and it's Great! It seems to have everything I need! Once again thank You!!!

Music Studio Gen 5 is made by Magix. I've never used it (I think I remember hearing some frustrating comments about it), but Magix Music Maker is a very capable Acid-like looping program for a ridiculously low price. I've used both, and I like it very much for scratchpad/arranging type stuff.

You're probably good to go with N-Track for multi-tracking - there are a lot of N-Track people around these parts :)

Yes, I see there is a Group here, for N-Track Users. I have Quartz Free Studio 370E, but I find it too difficult to use, But I like N-Track. I will look into the other software you mentioned. Thanks!

Any of the Ejay programs are pretty good for the buy.

Fruity Loops is pretty good also if you want for control over your music

enuff1 said:
I also forgot to add. I have a "Sis 620 Intragraded soundcard, with 1 mic Input & 2 Speaker inputs. My System is a 500MHz 13 Gb HD. Intel PentiumIII type. I also have 240 Megs of memory. I don't know if that matters...
Oh my...

Did you just say speaker inputs?? :eek:

They's outputs! You silly kiddo. ;)

Back