Multiple out instruments

Are you referring to multiple instruments or other signals coming out of a single source? Your question is a little vague. The output of any signal is all relative to the number of inputs, whether it be a guitar, amp or mixer. These all have an input that is pretty easy to understand but their output is wherever you put it. Some of these might have multiple outputs because they go to multiple sources; I.E. a mixer during a live performance usually has 2 or more outs. The first of these is the house or what you hear as a member of the audience. The second is the monitor, this is what the musicians on stage hear. All other possible outputs depend on the size of the mixer and the number of outboard gear being used. Some venues don't have any outboard gear at all(usually the cheap ones!). I hope this didn't create more questions than it answered.

Silly question I guess, but what do you mean by "multiple out instuments" ? Not many instruments carry more than one "out". They'd have to be electric, for starters. Off the top of my head, only keyboards might do that but pretty much whatever you record into should be able to take more than one input. Can you be more forthcoming with what you actually mean or there's going to be a whole lotta shaking going on !

Some instruments have "multiple outs" as in a L and R output... keyboards, and guitars can too after you hook them up to various pedals...

They're just outs... you record their inputs separately, and any DAW with more than 2 channels supports this.... ie. all of them.

That what you're asking? Bit hard to tell.

Back