Monitoring

jacobliford

I"m using a Behringer XENYX 1222fx mixing board. I'm wanting each band member to wear headphones and hear the entire band while recording only 1 instrument at a time. Would the Behringer AMP800 MiniAMP 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier allow me to do this and if so how would I go about hooking it into my mixer. The headphones are only going to be used for recording then I will run it back to my main monitors to do the final mix down and stuff. Please help. Thanks

Yes, it will do the job.

The headphone amplifier has an "input" connection on it. Plug a stereo lead into that, then plug that into your mixer's "Headphones" input.

After that, all you have to do is plug the headphones into the amp and you're good to go.

I guess what I'm really wanting to do is be able to have a channel set up for recording and a complete differant channel for monitoring " Hear the full band through headphones but only record drums." According to the Behringer 1222fx book it states I can set up a monitor mix and a main mix. The monitor output is not powerd and requries a amp. If you set it up this way the book states you can mute a channel and not have it recorded but still hear it in the monitor mix. Would I be able to use a basic home stereo receiver with some RCA inputs to run my headphones from the monitor output? I'm hopeing I can do this for now while I save up to buy a better power amp.

Back