Mixing Board AND Audio Interface?

Numbers don't work for me. First you have to find them on the cable, then make sure of orientation for some numbers. Tape or just cable color tells you what you need to know with much less fumbling and squinting. But then, I'm just into my forties...

There have been times when my bassist lost track of which of his three cables was supposed to come out of which hole in which pedal. Everything's plugged in right way round on my end, but halfway through the first piece we realize that something is terribly wrong...

Yes well, I am pretty sure you would not get far in the practical electronics/electrical industry if you had trouble with colour discrimination!

Unfortunately the link text doesn't indicate it, but it goes to the section on Design Implications.

I also have a set color order for patch snakes but I do also actually write gozintas and gozoutas on the tape on the cable on the belt and suspenders theory. If one fails...Also I have two patch bays with IDK six snakes running into the backs of them so the labels help, even if just one on the snake itself in re: "AH ins -8". I tried a number/letter code setup but I kept losing track of my "key map"

Back