Mixer/USB interface questions

Taylormac1993

Hey guys. Brand new here so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong subforum.
My question is about a mixer I just bought. Its a Behringer XENYX 502 USB. My DAW is FL Studio (one of the latest versions I believe). I am trying to record into FL with the mixer and everything is set up correctly, however both input selections on the virtual mixer in FL are recording the full stereo mix. So everything coming from my main outs on the physical mixer is also getting recorded. Ive also noticed that I have latency issues using my Behringer UCA-222 or I would just use that interface seperatley.
Can anyone give me some tips on how to separate the input tracks from the stereo mix on this mixer? Or the latency issues in FL? Thanks!

Yes, the USB sound is a two channel stereo out. You might be able to pan one input and the other input to get separation. But pretty much the USB will mimic the main outputs. Latency, this mixer has no ASIO drivers (that I could find from the Behringer website), latency may be something you have to live with. You need to monitor from the mixer. All this mixer really does is mix some inputs to a two channel mix down via USB and analog.

This mixer has very limited USB capabilities. I wouldn't expect too much from it.

Inexpensive USB mixers are really designed to provide a (usually) stereo mix of a live feed for recording recording it, not for multitrack recording.

I don't know FL, but do you have the tracks set up for MONO recording?

The FIVE 02 is in any case a poor choice. The phantom power is only 12-15 volts iirc and of course it only has one mic input. A device fit only for the podders IMHO.

The 222 is a good device for tape dubbing say but really not built for any kind of music work. Sell them all and save for a proper interface. If really cash strapped the Alesis i02 Express is very good for the money but the Steingerg UR22 is better. Focusrite 2i4 2nd generation is good, rarther more money.

Believe us. You will struggle with your present setup.

Dave.

I guess I don't really need a mixer now that you mention it... Basically what I want to do is have an input and L/R balanced outputs that are separate all in one unit. I'm running my monitors on the same mixer I record with and it's really messing with me. Does the Steinberg UR22 (looking at the MKII) have the ability to do that? Or am I better off separating my monitor management from my recording interface? I might have to trade this mixer for the Steinberg if it will work, but I'm not shelling out $150 for the same thing with less features.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it!

Page 10 gives you a hookup diagram for the UR22.

What are the fewer features of the UR22 you will miss compared to a mixer?

Dave.

Attachments

• UR22_OperationManual_en.pdf
    577.4 KB · Views: 3
Back