Mixer and Mic help

Amatrine

Hi.
I know this will sound like a waste of money to you guys, but a hobby for me . I sing on a karaoke app Smule and I’m a sound snob ???

I have a tc helicon player , Tascam uS 2 x 2 interface , that I hook up through the lightning port , with an audio camera usb cable . (I use the interface for better clean gain )

My current mic is an SM7b , but it just does not work on this app. Can’t get enough gain no mAtter what I do . My 58 works fine . .

Anyway here is my question : well a couple .

I want to buy a mixer . Yamaha Mgx12xu , as it has the USB 2.0 for iPad . I will be buying a Neumann Tlm102, which should work fine , but I realllllly like the sound of the Avatone CV12.

Can the CV12 be plugged into the mixer and still get a decent sound ? I will be selling my sm7b most likely as it works fine on garage band etc with my current equipment but on Smule I sound muted on it , when I bring up the gain it sounds horrible .

For all I know the mixer may fix the issue with the sm7b , I’m going to try that before selling it .

I’m not using this equipment on a computer to mix anything . I am adjusting in real time when recording video .

I have been told the Allen and Heath Zed 14 works great with the sm7b , but the USB seems to be lacking on it , from what I’m reading , and not sure I can hook it up to work with smule.

So Anyway , guess I just really want to know if the tube mic will work with this mixer . Thanks!

Hi.
I know this will sound like a waste of money to you guys, but a hobby for me . I sing on a karaoke app Smule and I’m a sound snob 

I have a tc helicon player , Tascam uS 2 x 2 interface , that I hook up through the lightning port , with an audio camera usb cable . (I use the interface for better clean gain )

My current mic is an SM7b , but it just does not work on this app. Can’t get enough gain no mAtter what I do . My 58 works fine . .

Anyway here is my question : well a couple .

I want to buy a mixer . Yamaha Mgx12xu , as it has the USB 2.0 for iPad . I will be buying a Neumann Tlm102, which should work fine , but I realllllly like the sound of the Avatone CV12.

Can the CV12 be plugged into the mixer and still get a decent sound ? I will be selling my sm7b most likely as it works fine on garage band etc with my current equipment but on Smule I sound muted on it , when I bring up the gain it sounds horrible .

For all I know the mixer may fix the issue with the sm7b , I’m going to try that before selling it .

I’m not using this equipment on a computer to mix anything . I am adjusting in real time when recording video .

I have been told the Allen and Heath Zed 14 works great with the sm7b , but the USB seems to be lacking on it , from what I’m reading , and not sure I can hook it up to work with smule.

So Anyway , guess I just really want to know if the tube mic will work with this mixer . Thanks!

The average pre amp to push the SM7b starts around $1,500 dollars. That's the cheap one. You can combine mixers/ais/cls/ or what ever you choose, but you will never reach the potential your mic has to offer. (For any member that quotes my response to challenge me on my comment, I will not reply to you). As far as the tube mic goes, I will leave that to other posters.

I have a tc helicon player
- Is this a 'TC Helicon Voicelive Play' that you're using for effects and will you still use it with a mixer?

- The Tascam US 2x2 interface should worked with the SM7b, but you may need to boost its output with something like a Triton Fethead which is powered by the phantom power of the interface or by the TCH Voicelive Play if that's what you have connected into the interface.

- The CV12 tube mic will work connected to either the Tascam interface or a mixer. It has its own power supply and does not need phantom power to be supplied. The TLM102 will also work with either, but would need phantom power supplied by the interface or mixer.

No quote, no response expected :D
Warm Audio WA12 (around $350) lotsa gain (+71db) for my SM7b :)

Oh , forgot to add I am also using a cloudlifter . I need to add a mixer so I can control the mic more. Bass etc. The helicon kinda sounds tin canny .

I use a mixer and behrunger u-fo 0202 as the audio interface and i go out tape to the interface from, and from the interface audio out back to mixer tape- 0x80070035 in it nice and works when i record and no bleed at all lol cool analog mix with digit lol

Back