MIDi sequencing through RME .vs. USB/MIDI Interface

GotHemi

FL Studio 12 = Main sequencer DAW
RME FF800
5x hardware synths

I don't know whether to get a Kenton MIDI Thru-5 box or a separate USB MIDI MOTU Micro Lite interface. Which will keep everything on time & together better?

I wanted to MIDI sequence 5 synths on separate channels in FL Studio. I wanted to use Piano Roll to make sure the notes are where I want them. I wanted the synths to sync to FL Studio's master clock.

How difficult would it be to keep all 5 synths MIDI sequenced together & on point... for a song that is about 4-5 minutes long, for example?

Would timing be better using a separate MOTU interface, or using a Kenton MIDI Thru-5 box connected straight into the RME main interface?

I would give the Kenton people a call/email. They seem to be the dog's danglers on all things MIDI.

Dave.

I use a Kenton 5-thru - Have sequenced BS2 and Korg ER-1 (which I actually just sold) and Erebus (also sold on) while sync'ing to Circuit with Maschine as main sequencer simultaneously.
Never had any dropouts or anything remotely hinky that was related to the 5-T.
It's solid.

all good to know, especially from those that have experience with the unit. thank you guys for the help!

Until' I lost a extra PCI slot on a computer upgrade recently, I has a sound card in there and was running 2 to five off a joystick port along with plugging-in to other ports as needed - USB and interface. So, when I lost the joystick port, my regular four-port wasn't enough and I got a used Yamaha 1x8 or 2x4 box for the regular setup. All the problems I ever had were computer related, rather than the MIDI chain

Back