MIDI conection - What do you guys recommend me?

Joao

What do you guys recommend me?

I want to work with a MIDI controller but i don't know which method is the most correct.

should i buy a MIDI interface with a MIDI integrated connection? OR should I buy a usb cable to connect directly to my computer?

Any speed difference?

T56179.jpg

What do you guys recommend me?

I want to work with a MIDI controller but i don't know which method is the most correct.

should i buy a MIDI interface with a MIDI integrated connection? OR should I buy a usb cable to connect directly to my computer?

Any speed difference?

View attachment 75784
MIDI is so slow (~35kbps?) compared to even usb 1.1 that there should be no speed difference between usb and DIN connection.

But I cannot see that you need that dangly thing? Any controller you buy these days will connect via usb. But beware, many of the cheaper controllers have ONLY a usb connection and having at least a MIDI DIN out can be very useful.

The Behringer BCA and BCR controllers have kept a good rep over the years (I keep thinking of getting one!) and they have MIDI in, out and (rare these days) thru'.

But what Audio Interface do you have? If you don't yet have one make sure that what you do eventually buy has MIDI ports. The extra cost for 16 more channels is minimal.

Dave.

MIDI is so slow (~35kbps?) compared to even usb 1.1 that there should be no speed difference between usb and DIN connection.

But I cannot see that you need that dangly thing? Any controller you buy these days will connect via usb. But beware, many of the cheaper controllers have ONLY a usb connection and having at least a MIDI DIN out can be very useful.

The Behringer BCA and BCR controllers have kept a good rep over the years (I keep thinking of getting one!) and they have MIDI in, out and (rare these days) thru'.

But what Audio Interface do you have? If you don't yet have one make sure that what you do eventually buy has MIDI ports. The extra cost for 16 more channels is minimal.

Dave.

I would just opt for a more advanced interface if it had midi in / out ...
but if controllers already have usb connection ... that's another story, is not it? :confused:
now I do not know what audio interface should I buy! i was thinking about m-audio mobilepre, fast track pro or m-audio c400. two microphone inputs are enough for me

I would just opt for a more advanced interface if it had midi in / out ...
but if controllers already have usb connection ... that's another story, is not it? :confused:
now I do not know what audio interface should I buy! i was thinking about m-audio mobilepre, fast track pro or m-audio c400. two microphone inputs are enough for me

Fast track pro is fine if cash is tight. Do not know much of the C400 (will look it up!) but if you can punt that kind of money the NI Komplete Audio 6 is the best in its class, certainly for MIDI as it has the lowest tested latency of any common AI.

Dave.

Fast track pro is fine if cash is tight. Do not know much of the C400 (will look it up!) but if you can punt that kind of money the NI Komplete Audio 6 is the best in its class, certainly for MIDI as it has the lowest tested latency of any common AI.

Dave.

okay! Thank you! :D

Back