microphone and singing

wonderwanda

Hello...I have played back my recording and I can hear lots of S's and T's on the track with the microphone. I am using a Shure 57 mic into a Korg digital 4 track. Help! What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

You need a pop shield. It will take out all the T's, P's and S's.
They cost about £25, so about $20, judging by how cheap thing are over in the colonies.

Go to a craft or sewing store, ask for a 5" or 6" embroidery hoop, stretch two layers of used (but clean) panty hose over the hoop and tighten the outer ring, go to Radio Shack and get one of their spring-loaded Mic clips, clip the embroidery hoop into the mic clip, and put it on a stand or whatever you have that will allow you to place it in front of the shure 57, about 2" away from the mic. Adjust and record, repeat until you find the distance that works best for you.

Embroidery hoop - about $3. Mic clip - about $5. or, if you don't want to work at it, here -

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=020917085944216026028096472489/search/g=home?q=pop+filter

I've heard that dirty ones can replace a cheap tube pre, but was afraid to try it... :=)

Mr. Ogilvie is apparently (justifiably in my experience) slightly miffed at us upstarts' good fortune in the pricing department -

I spent some time in Jolly Old England 'way back in the 60's, compliments of Uncle Sam, and when I found out the ridiculous prices Brits were expected to pay for anything the least bit fun, I helped the few I could to get camera gear, etc, for civilized prices.

Sounds like it's time for another revolution, eh wot??? (You'd think that, with the Thames so close to the action a few more worthless politicians would get drowned)... Steve

knightfly said:
like it's time for another revolution, eh wot??? (You'd think that, with the Thames so close to the action a few more worthless politicians would get drowned)... Steve

If we were only that lucky.......
Between George dubbaya and Ol' Tony, we've got a real pair of war-mongerers.
Viva La Revolution!

Back