metranome AW1600

rgfoote

First of all, I'm sure I'll be told a beginner shouldn't have bought AW1600. However, I have done many things by following YouTube videos with complicated things that I have zero experience in. You just can't take for granted I know the simplest Terms that you should have broken down because now your answer has left me in the dark asking myself, what does THAT mean? I first used the AW1600 in 2010 and made a CD that was good enough to get the point across. I remember adjusting the volume of the metronome to the point it was too loud and had to turn it down. (maybe that was in a dream) It's been in the box in the closet since then. I'm ready to do it again but the metronome volume only works on the negative side. I can't even hear it when it's turned up to zero! Support at Yamaha insists that zero is as loud as it goes, and it never worked on the positive side! I just can't believe it. But if I hear it from a few experienced owners, then I'll admit I'm nuts.

Well, you had me. Couldn't figure out what a "metranome AW1600" was... :D

Google culdn't tell either. Than it dawned on me you were talking about a Yamaha AW1600.

What support told you, is true. Volume is expressed from maximum, so it's always a negative number. -40 dB is pretty quiet. - 20 dB is loud. And 0 dB is not good for your ears, probably.

If you can't hear it, it's either defective, or it is routed to the wrong output.

Almost bought an AW1600 when they first came out, but got a Korg D1600 instead.

Yup, '0' should be maximum volume. If you've following the instructions in the manual (pg47) shown below I would think you should hear it. 'PLAY' needs to be pressed evidently to start it.

1 In the Work Navigate section, repeatedly
press the [TRACK] key or hold down the
[TRACK] key and use the CURSOR [ ]/[ ]
keys to access the VIEW page.
1 Metronome button
Switches the metronome on/off.
2 Metronome knob
Adjusts the metronome volume level. The current
value is shown above the knob in dB units.

2 Move the cursor to the metronome button
and press the [ENTER] key.
The metronome will be turned on.

3 When you press the [PLAY] key to begin
playback, the metronome will begin sounding.
As necessary, move the cursor to the
metronome knob and turn the [DATA/JOG]
dial to adjust the metronome level.
If you want to change the tempo or time signature,
press the [STOP] key to stop playback, and perform
the following procedure.

Back