Matt D - Introducing myself.

Stratmagik87

Hello there, HomeRecording folks.

My name is Matt D, and I live in the Boston area. I'm currently in an online program to finish my Bachelors in sound recording (BM - music degree). While I'm a marketer in my day job, I'm planning to make a career transition to audio/music - specifically product marketing and development. In a perfect world I would have a role in a NAMM-member company with some side gigs in production.

Looking forward to finding great info on the forum!
Matt

Hey Matt Welcome!

That's a very cool objective...I have a PHD in sales and marketing from UOHK "University of hard knocks" :confused: I wish you luck in your endeavors. I have done a lot of sales, branding and marketing over the years but in the stone business...a gazillion trade shows..I have gone to NAMM several times now and really get a kick out of observing the different approaches vendors use to sell their stuff....ah Next Years Model....;) Having spent a lot of time in China I've learned a lot about how many of these major "Brand" companies go about getting their products made and the challenges they face. You're in for a cool career...I'd encourage you to learn about the Music equipment trade shows in China and invest in going to one or two. Most are desperate for help entering into the U.S. and don't really have a clear understanding of how to go about it...

Back