Mackie 1604 and MOTU Ultralite Questions...

viperOH

I recently purchased a MOTU Ultralite, I have a Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro, am asking for the best scenario for using both these together? A wiring diagram or something? The Mackie Manual doesn't really go into any detail. I want to use my DBX Compressor/Limiter on channels 1 & 2 while tracking. I have two sets of 8 TRS snakes and some insert cables on hand. Also, will I monitor from the Mackie or MOTU? Will there be specific setups in CueMix that need done? Thanks.

Windows XP
P4 2.8 Ghz
1 Gb Ram

I have a Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro and what I do is take the direct outs from channels 1 - 8 using a TRS to TRS recording snake to my audio interface. All monitoring is done at the interface since it has fully sweepable eq on all the channels and I use the onboard effects for guitar modeling, etc. Is your compressor 2 channels? If so you can use the channel inserts for each one. If it is only one channel, you'll have to put it on an aux send and send channels 1 and 2 to it. The problem with this is that it will compress the sum of the two channels not each one individually.

Thomas
www.yourhomestudio.com

Free Home Studio Newsletter - signmeupnow@yourhomestudio.com

Back