M audio fast track or fast track pro or tc electronic desktop konnekt 6?

golu12

Fast track =110$
fast track pro=200$
Tc electronic desktop konnekt 6=280$

Im a newbie just starting out and making a really small home studio, already ordered a mic(audio technica at2020 xlr), looking for a good interface.

Fast track is usb and 48khz
Fast track pro is usb and 96khz
Desktop konnekt us firewire and 192khz

Desktop konnekt seems to be the best(and has the best reviews too) but is it worth it to spend that much for a newbie like me?

Also, fast track pro has two mic xlr inputs whereas rest have only one(is that an issue?)

My main use will be vocals with guitar, i may or may not buy a unidirectional mic for guitar in the future.

Thanks for your precious advise:guitar:

Hi and welcome!

You may have answered your own question since only one of those interfaces has two microphone inputs.

You say you may or may not buy another mic for guitar. If you did, would you want to use the two mics together? One for voice and one for guitar?
Even if you'd be recording separately, stereo recording that guitar might interest you in the future.

What if you end up wanting to stereo record the guitar AND record the voice all at once????

Are you ever likely to expand and record drums or a small group?

Resale value isn't too bad on stuff like this. I do recommend researching and getting it right first time if possible, but if you make a mistake you can usually get your money back or close.

What's your ultimate goal? You building the next studio empire or just doing a few clips for your pals?

Anyway, if you're keeping it small I can't say anything against the fast track pro cos I don't know it, but I can personally vouch for the presonus firestudio mobile.
It has two preamps, sounds great, is very well built, and has 6xline inputs for keyboards/synths/extra preamps should you ever choose to add more gear.

I will expand if got the opportunity, money and people in the near future.
Ultimate goal for now is to record a few song by myself in the best quality possible..dont really ever need that next gen studio empire thing lol

If you think you're going to expand in the near future I'd recommend investigating that now.
There isn't a huge price leap between some of the 2 channel interfaces and a couple of 6/8 channel ones that are flying about.

Look into the tascam range. They seem to be pretty well priced.

If you can make the leap you'd probably be grateful later on.

I upgraded about 6 times in as many years and I'm still not sure I've got it right! lol.

If you think you're going to expand in the near future I'd recommend investigating that now.
There isn't a huge price leap between some of the 2 channel interfaces and a couple of 6/8 channel ones that are flying about.

Look into the tascam range. They seem to be pretty well priced.

If you can make the leap you'd probably be grateful later on.

I upgraded about 6 times in as many years and I'm still not sure I've got it right! lol.

Currently looking at Tascam US-122 Mk2 ...150$, 2 mic xlrs, 96khz..either going for this or the m audio fast track! Thanks!

Back