M-Audio Delta 410PCI & Alesis MultiMix 12 FXD

creamyapples

I've been using Cakewalk V2 and V2XL for a short time with my standard Turtle Beach soundcard, worked out for tinkering around and wasting time. I recently picked up the M-Audio Delta 410PCI soundcard and an Alesis MultiMix 12 FXD. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with either of these and could offer any hints or tips for a PC based recording noob. I understand the basic concepts of ins and outs, etc. My main question is with the SPDIF I/O. Does it follow the basics of true stereo performance? (I.E. - If I were to run SPDIF out from the board to SPDIF in to the sound card am I still keeping my stereo spectrum?) Is it basically the same concept as the analog in/out only "better" (digital)?

Here's what I have, Alesis MultiMix 12 FXD, M-Audio Delta 410PCI, Cakewalk Home Studio V2/V2XL, Alesis Microverb, Alesis 3630, BBE, Pioneer stand-alone CD burner. Various guitars, amps, mics, etc. As far as a recording setup goes, Any suggestions on maximizing what I ALREADY have? Thoughts on actually hooking it up? Can't hurt to ask, right?

Thanks in advance.
Kevin

Back