Low Frency Noise at Night...plz help

lowploppler77

Hi 1st time poster here.
Thankful for a forum like this.Hope it can lead to elimination for the sake of everyone living with this type of noise.
This is very unnerving.
Its like being gaslit.
At night my room is fine,then 30 mins after going to bed,it starts.This low frequency unending noise.I use clay earplugs that auto mould themself to my ear,and are great for high frequency but not the low.Its really scary,as there also a slight vibration that accompanies this noise.Now i feel tremors in my body,my face as well.
It may be from something else,but it has been happening since the noise started 3 weeks ago,when the weather turned chilly at night.I suspect it could be an electric baseboard heater,or a roof fan,as i am on top floor of apt building.But the office has checked,and nothing different has been done,and nothing has been changed since months before the noise started.
Is there any way on the cheap top absorb the sound?
I am ordering ear plugs from all over the world,but it sucks when you are exhausted,and you know you are not asleep,and you will not fall asleep.
:cursing::yawn:

This is a forum for people who record music at home ... Low frequency can be transmitted through walls, floors, other solid medium (not just the air). Have you tried using a 'white noise' generator?

You probably should start with a mobile phone cheap or free app. These analysers will reveal what sound is actually in the room, and tell you what frequency band it's in. Even though they use your mobile's mic, they will show you things right down to 20 or 30 HZ that you cannot even hear. This will also reveal if it's continuous, or intermittent, and if you can record it and post it here with a link, we can have a listen.

Keep in mind that very low frequencies can be very difficult to localise, and they can be air transmitted or structurally conducted. It could be an air con unit with worn out bearings, or some other motor based vibration that just gets into aircon ducts or the building steel work?

Do also keep in mind that you may be abnormally sensitive to low frequency sound and this is making a quiet sound appear louder to you?

If it's driving you seriously mad, and affecting your health, here in the UK our local Council would look into it - do you have a similar organisation in your jurisdiction?

I,ve tried "White Noise","Black Noise",green red,and blue noise.LOL.
Seriously,just white noise,and the quality of sleep still sucked.
I know where it is coming from,or the general vicinity,and it happens to be an electric heater/fan,or baseboard heater of some kind.The temp has become chilly at night in Toronto,and these apt units are right on the corner of the building at the top floor.This noise can be heard,as it has than more than just me,and an office person came up to my unit,and listened with me.
What i need is something that can block out all noise,but have seen that there no longer products that are allowed by govt to do that.Or something affordable that absorbs the sound itself.
I have read a lot of complaints online from all over the world,and in my country there are people suffering from a similiar type noise generated by wind turbines,and all they get for their complaints is bureaucracy.I have spoken to a former tennant who lived in one of those corner units,and he complained about how cold it got in his bedroom,which was right on the corner,and you could see his bedroom window from the outside view,if looking up from the street.There are hardwood floors in these apts,and that mayor may not add to the disruption.
Too bad they no longer sell headphones or plugs that can block out everything.
Its an intermittent sound,unpredictable like acid jazz,and if it was at least rhythmic then maybe... i,d like to think it would help the situation a lot.
Thanks for replies.

Back