looking for other noob to collaborate

rt2726

First two recordings (and looking for other noob to collaborate with...)

I am just getting into this and I'm interested in recording some covers mostly so I can jam along with backing tracks for fun and practice. I have two rough recordings of some Sublime covers on a site called musicians forest that I put up just for fun. I don't have a decent bass guitar yet but it's on my shopping list. It would be cool to have another guitar / bass player who likes the same type of music and would be willing to exchange tracks and experiment with mixing songs etc.

http://www.musicianforest.com/profile/4421

If anyone is interested in laying down a bass line, vocals or whatever let me know. Also, if you guys have any suggestions I'd be interested in learning from your experience. I played a little bit of this for my wife and she thought they were pretty bad but she doesn't even like the original versions so I figured I'd put them up anyway. I've probably got too much reverb on the vocals but I really hate my voice. I don't know if there is any hope but I've actually thought about taking some lessons to see if it can improve since I really enjoy playing rhythm and singing along.

The DAW is Reaper and the drums are Jamstix. I'm going through an E-MU PCI interface using a few VST plug-ins for effects. I don't worry about duplicating the recording exactly I just figure out enough to get the feel of a song and see how it comes out so Jamstix is probably a good fit for me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back