Logic pro 9 copy n pasting

Rufio90210

Hello,

I am going through the book teaching myself how to record on logic... and Ive just approached something that is winding me up because what is happening is not what the book says should happen.

I drag the MARQUEE tool to highlight the bit I want to copy n paste, the book then says to OPTION DRAG to the bar I wish to copy n paste too and then when I let go it will be pasted here and the original bar I copied from would be restored. However it just rips the bar I have copied from and pastes it at its destination without returning the original bar back.

WHY IS IT NOT DOING WHAT THE BOOK IT SAYS!? It will be an annoying procedure to have to COMMAND copy and paste everything and breaking up all these bars into seperate ones all the time.

Thanks
in advance

Luke

I'm not very sure about Logic, but have you tried holding Shift/Command/Alt/combinations of them and then try to drag?

Hi I am Robin Kari. I am from Pakistan. I really very happy to join this forum for disucssion. I found this forum very interesting and informative about discussed topics. I like it.

Your very correct it should copy the selected area and paste it, leaving the original track intact. I've just opened logic 9 and tested this and it does do just that. you may want to reset the key commands to default? or perhaps your not using the 'select tool' when using 'option, drag'? hope this helps.

Trout

Back