Lexicon audio interface???

minerman

Tonetard
Hey everybody,
Was wondering if the Lexicon audio interface is any good. For about $80, I wonder about the quality. If I buy it, I plan to use it to record directly to Cubase with a POD X3L. My X3L has the USB dropout issue if you're wondering why I don't just go that route. Thanks in advance, any help/replies are appreciated.

Last edited:
It is a good interface for the price, but that by no means says go out and buy it. I've used it for ruffly 6 months, and I'm planning on saving about 2-300 for a much better interface.

The problems:
-While recording the USB cable disconects itself and dropps out(a very common problem that other users have reported)
-Cubase is difficult and not very fun to use.(if you have limited RAM then dont plan on saving to many files, or using effects w/out it shutting down)
-On mine the right and left channels are mixed up so if you record in stereo you have to spend 10-20 min adjusting the to levels the the right setting.
-Only 2 channels max recording mono, or 1 in stereo.
-The list goes on...

Dont fool yourself and say, "Oh I'm just recording vocals, etc.. it will be fine," I wish I would have got this advice 6 months ago...SAVE YOUR MONEY!

If you're looking at the Alpha, I would advise you to look elsewhere. Run a quick search of the forum here, and you'll find a lot of feedback citing problems with stability and cheap parts.

In that price range, the Tascam US-122 is a good alternative - much better quality and fewer issues. There are other options from M-Audio and E-Mu, as well.

Oddly enough, I've heard nothing but good things about Lexicon's higher end I-Onyx systems. They seem to be much more solid, but at a higher price tag... you get what you pay for. ;)

Thanks everybody,
I kinda thought you get what you pay for, I guess I'll wait another week or so & get a better AI. I looked at a couple for around $200, & also checked this question in another forum. Looks like the same thing I hear here about the dropout, definitley don't need that. Thanks for the heads up & the quick replies!!!

I already have Cubase LE4, does the other versions of Cubase have these issues too? I'm so used to Cubase I'd be totally lost with another DAW. Thanks in advance!

Back