Latency Issues with new Focusrite 2i2

Spoonlessjoe

Greetings!

I just purchased a new Focusrite 2i2 interface. I was able to successfully install all of the drivers, plugins, and of course Ableton Live Lite (I am using a Dell Inspiron with 6 GB of RAM and an Intel Core i3 processor). I'm just trying to record my acoustic and some vocals, very simple. However, I am having really bad latency issues. I tried adjusting the buffer size, but that didn't quite work. I also tried direct monitoring on the interface, but that really didn't help either. I"m wondering if it's just that my computer can't quite handle the workload? Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Google for "Dpclat latency tester" and run that for ten minutes or so. If you get spikes telling you thje system is not optimum you will have to track down the culprit by trial an effort.

I am not a big fan of the 2i2, bit "puffed up" in my estimation but I think it should return decent latency, not as good as my KA6 of course! Little is, but er, decent!

I assume you get stutters and crackles if you drop the buffers too low? Wireless kit is the first thing to disable. Kill all Windoze sounds, disable the OBS soundcard. Set computer for "Best Performance" not Best Appearance" .

Dave.

First thing to do is make sure you're using ASIO Drivers in Abelton and that the Focusrite is set as the input/output. Make sure your interface is plugged into to a USB slot on the the computer and not a Hub and try a different USB slot if possible.

Back