KORG D1600 Help!!!!!!

franklinmercant

I'm testing out a D1600 I purchased on E-bay - No previous knowledge - I'm afraid I've been "taken", but can't be sure if it's the machine or the user!
One specific wall I keep running into is a message called "Loading Song" with a little clock dial running - It locks down all other functions & runs for hours - It won't even shut down - I'm afraid there's a problem with the hard drive - Don't know what to do - Somebody please help me. If there is possibly an experienced user in the Jacksonville, Fla. area, I'd be willing to pay to hook up and get some instruction, as I'm having a terrible time following the manual or video. Please respong asap - This is my first message on this web site.

:cool: Yo Franklin----:

Suggest you get Korg help on-line and ask a techie if no helps comes from someone here--but, I'm sure there are many Korg users out there.

"loading" usually means a song or tracks have been selected and that song/tracks are being loaded so you can play or work on the song.

I use the 2816 and its operation is similar to the Korg DAW.

All may not be lost as you may just have to buy a new HD. Suggestion:

call Sweetwater and ask to talk to someone there who knows the Korg unit and see what the techie says. It's an 800 number that you can punch up in a few seconds by looking for Sweetwater Sound. Also, they repair almost any unit.

Green Hornet :cool: :rolleyes: :D

If you haven't gotten an answer on this problem yet you might want to check out www.korgstudios.com...it's a great forum for Korg owners.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Hi. At least one other user on this msg board and myself have the Korg 1200- should be essentially the same. That load time should never be experienced, yes, that's bad. Tell us if you get answers from Korg as suggested by earlier posts, if not, I'll certainly be glad to try and help you figure it out.

Loading = almost instant

"Loading song" should take a few SECONDS. No other function is possible while that's happening, but if it's taking all night to load a song, something's definitely up with the HD. Don't hesitate to contact the seller and e-bay. This is the sort of thing that makes online auction purchases SO much fun.....

Back