Just saying hello from Bill

billdancourtney

Have read the forums here for a while and decided to sign up. I am an amateur musician and home recorder. Do my own music and cover songs in a style similar to 60's or 70's garage rock. While I do not do anything myself that sounds like it was made after 1976 I do not mind giving all manner of music a listen. Thanks and hope I can add something now and then. :guitar:

Well, lets say it does not really. There are people interested in such things, meaning Chinese people, but more so in the bigger, sophisticated cities like Shanghai or Beijing. it is mostly all K-Pop and rip-off of that style here. to be frank I cannot really deal with that very well. I record music but I am not great. Other musicians or recorders might like it you know. A little :) Other musicians understand what you are trying to do. But average people, even in the US, tend to instantly compare you to the "real" stars. The people who have made millions of dollars doing music. I am not that good in the first place. Just a hobby. But here it will just not sound like what people like or have ever heard in their lives. So, they freak out and they are often not too gentle with their criticisms. The best I have have gotten is a couple people here have said "Oh, it sounds like something from Kill Bill!" And to me that is about the best it can get in any situation. Thanks for the reply Miroslav. I will check out your Youtube. I have a Youtube at The Bent Eights but no music there now.

Welcome to the forums...post of your stuff..I promise we won't be as harsh as those in your area.

Back