Issue when recording audio and video at same time

michaellanfield

Hi. I have an issue when it comes to recording audio through my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) and my Logitech C930e webcam. I have a Macbook Pro Late 2013 with Retina and the latest MacOS 10.12.3 Sierra.

The problem is that no software app will give clear mono audio through my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, CM25 MKII Mic while recording HD 1080 at 24 or 30 fps (frames per second) through my Logitech webcam. Any suggestions or tips on how to get them both to work in the same program?

The only partial solution I found was to use Quicktime Player, but recording audio through the Focusrite Scarlett mic only goes through one of the audio channels, left and the sound does not come out of both the left and right speakers/headphones.

I have Adobe Audition CC.
Audacity as well and Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.

Premiere ought to have some basic audio processing capacity. I use Sony Vegas so I'm familiar with video editing, but I don't know the specifics of Premiere. I can think of three potential ways to fix this:

1. Copy the audio from the one track and paste it in the other

2. Panning adjustment of some sort

3. Export the audio as a mono wav and re-import it

In Sony Vegas you can right-click on the waveform of a stereo track and choose from a list of Channels options, including: both (the default setting), left only, right only, swap, combine. Maybe Premiere has something like that.

Hi, and thank you for the reply. I am not sure how this is done and what program/app on my macOS I should use.

Hardware. He's suggesting that you use a splitter box with one XLR input and two XLR outputs so you can feed one mono signal to both channels. It's a good idea, though I would use a splitter cable rather than a box for size and cost reasons. The mono signal would appear on left and right tracks and therefore in both speakers.

..."only goes through one of the audio channels",...

That will happen recording to a Stereo Track with only one input. That's the basic issue. Often, there is a setting to choose a MONO recording track

Not just musicians,,, Listen, up in the sky...

It's a bird,,,
It's a Plane,,,
Saving sound in a single input !!!
It's....
AudioMan !!!

Eh,,, I just read this , got the email,,, lol,,,
Happy Valentines Day !!! lol

Back