installing ci2+ on 2 computers?

fendy

could i install it on my friend's computer then install it again on mine later?my computer still get repaired and it should be done in a few days.Sorry for such a noob question :facepalm:

If I understand the question correctly, the CI2 is an audio interface. Since there is no limit to how many times a driver is installed, there should be no issues with this.

so im trying to install it then this message showed up,anyone?thx
View attachment 89220

It looks like you're trying to install Wavelab 7, which is licensed software.
Unless you own a license to use this software, you can't install/use it.

Having said that, the error you're seeing is almost definitely unrelated. There's some other problem going on.

The CI2 is an audio interface which requires drivers. You can install these drivers on as many computers as you like, as DM60 says.

How do i own the lincese?The guy on YT said about registering or whatsoever,is that related?or my computer's OS arent compatible with it?Im using XP professional.I just bought it last week and it comes with 3 drivers

Be very careful here Fendy!

Steinberg "free" software is almost always locked to the first computer it is installed on. Often what happens is that you can use the software, such as Cubase LE for a limited period then you have to register it. Once that is done you cannot then use the software on another machine. So, even if you managed to get it working on a friends PC it is likely you would not be able to use it on yours when it came out of the shop!

You could download a trial of Cubase, one of the "light" versions but AFAICS Wavelab trial requires you to buy a USB dongle* to run it.

Then again (not easy this innit!?) The Ci2 MIGHT be its own dongle for the light version of Wavelab supplied? This means that it will not install unless the AI is connected tho' I would have expected to see a warning of such on screen.

Then! AGAIN!!! USB AI drivers are almost always installed BEFORE the AI is plugged in. Make sure the Ci2 and its drivers is running. Do you have sound thru' it from Youtube? A CD? If not fix that. Once you can play sounds, forget Cubase et al for now and download "Audacity". This is an audio recording app' that will allow you to check that the AI can take signals in and record and play them.

Only when you are sure that the Ci2 is up and running in Audacity do you look at Cubase and Wavelab but DO NOT FFS register anything with Steinberg until you get your own PC back. If this means you cannot yet use the software, so be it, use Audacity for the duration.

*It might actually be worth buying a dongle? I have Cubase E4 and "they" did not tell me but I asked and found that buying a dongle for it means I can use the software on any of my computers. Had I not done so it would be forever locked to just one of them.

Dave.

Hmm...thats what im asking about,very well said and well explained.Thanks Dave!
Im doing ok with the device using audacity,Guitar Rig and FL studio.Gotta dig around for a Wavelab and Cubase though thanks again for the help.

Hmm...thats what im asking about,very well said and well explained.Thanks Dave!
Im doing ok with the device using audacity,Guitar Rig and FL studio.Gotta dig around for a Wavelab and Cubase though thanks again for the help.

Ah! We might not have a complete understanding here! There are only two ways to get Steinberg software legitimately, buy or get it bundled with hardware. If you are thinking something else, think about it elsewhere. Your next post might decide whether you get anymore help here!

You can use the very excellent Reaper free but since it costs very little, IF you like it, do the decent thing and pay for it!

Dave.

Ah! We might not have a complete understanding here! There are only two ways to get Steinberg software legitimately, buy or get it bundled with hardware. If you are thinking something else, think about it elsewhere. Your next post might decide whether you get anymore help here!

You can use the very excellent Reaper free but since it costs very little, IF you like it, do the decent thing and pay for it!

Dave.

Yep...

Back