Importing Music Files

6 String Dream

Im currently recording music using Adobe Audition. I want to transfer all these files on to CD so that my friend can mix and master them on his computer using a different program (Pro tools or Logic i think!). This is fine for the tracks which i started recording at 0:00.00. However i have recorded little guitar licks midway into the song which start a couple of minutes in. How can i get these tracks to begin at 0:00.000 so that all my music remains in sync when i transfer it elsewhere?

Using Sonar, if the track is selected and I export it, the whole thing silence included is exported to a wav file.
An easy way to check is try it. Then import the wav file in Audition and see if it lines up properly.

This may sound dumb but the only way to really make sure they are EXACTLY where they are supposed to be is to mix the entire silence before the event all into one long wav. This way the engineer can just drop all the files onto 00:00 and they will magicly fit together, you end up with longer files and it takes up more space but its worth it. Or you could go oldskool and simply write down the EXACT time that those events start playing so the engineer can fit them in when he is sequencing your music for you. This second option is a bit fiddly as he will need a list of all the events not starting at the begging of the project and their start times.

Back