I'm back recording after a 25 year break!

vindustrial

Hello, I am new to the forums! I started recording music for fun when I was 16. I am 46 now and just getting back into it. A lot has changed with computers. Bought a NI S61 keyboard with a giant sound pack. Wow it's fun and amazing what you can do with it. So I am making a studio desk for that and thought I'd share a sneak peak at the concept. Would LOVE to hear any feedback you guys have, good and bad! My company makes the best industrial furniture around, and this table base seems perfect for my desk...

Hure-Studio-Desk-in-Loft-16.jpg

Hure-Studio-Desk-in-Loft-17-copy.jpg

I started recording my first song. I've been depressed lately and the song shows it bigtime. Made me and my wife cry listening to it. But it feels fantastic to get it out of me!

So this is how you spent your inheritance? :laughings:

Welcome Vinny!

And welcome back to home recording in the digital endless options world of 2018

Damn dude that set up looks beautimus....

The retro Hure stand is a really nice touch ...they ain't giving those away....nice window view too!

You've laid the ground work for a very comfortable recording setting....

What is that cool looking white knob box you have on the left?

Share that tune here if you're open to it...

All the best to ya on your re-entry to laying it down...and on the depression.....I realize it is a chemical thing sometimes and some people are destined to require meds to keep the balance right but for most of us , if we can just find our way out of the darkness there's a amazing world to savor...It's all about perspective.

Homeless and hungry living under a bridge by the beach, Jonesy and Andy were sitting in the sand talking after they had just finished off sharing a can of Vienna sausages and sardines. Jonesy said to Andy, who was not all that thrilled about the meal...You see man, you just ate sardines and Vienna sausages in the sand. Me, I just dined on surf and turf with an ocean view."

"It's all about perspective."

By the looks of that studio...You have some pretty bitchin things going on in your life....Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things...Treat that wife of yours like your on your first date every day...GUARANTEED FOR LIFE you'll have one VERY HAPPY WIFE and one awesome life..

All the best!

Thanks man! That white knob box is a "PrismSound Maselec Master Series MEA-2", whatever that is. I just imported it as a mixer looking thing. Once I get the song finished, I'll share.

As for the depression thing, I have been in therapy and it's been helping. Did a past life regression which was pretty crazy. Just dealing with my past and feeling it, letting it come out instead of pushing it down, ignoring it, or drinking it away. Music was a huge part of my life before life beat me down. Not it's back and I am feeling much better! Thanks for caring man!

Back