I would pay for this

eclips1

A mixing tutorial.

I don't know if they already exist, but if some of you more seasoned engineers where to put together some waves to a song, then mix them. Then give a step by step guide as to what you did and why, and allow the "student" to experiment with the same waves and learn from what you've done to get a good mix.

I think its a good idea, I would do it if I were experienced enough to do so. Like I said I would pay for it, and I bet others would too. Just an idea!

In context that is a great idea but not too practical....for one thing, if a seasoned engineer were to record the waves, you could probably pull a decent mix out of it yourself....As I said a thousand times, a well tracked song mixes itself....Now lets see what they would do with some tracks that I recorded - they'd have nightmares....the point is, it would make a great article, and Id like to hear it myself..... but there are so many variables and situations where so many different techniques are used, and to try and cover all the bases would not be practicle...did I make sense?.....

True

Yea, that made perfect sense....I still think its a good idea though. Can't expect all the basis to be covered. But for someone who has there gain structure pretty good(or thinks they do) and is ready to get info on mixing, this would be gold!

Even if they where to take say ten tracks of music, and not say all the different things they could do to the mix, but just the steps they take and for what purpose. Here is an article someone past my way which is similar, but it was on using the steinberg mastering edition.
http://musicplayer.com/CDA/Player/Main/1,2228,Lessons-Engineer_Producer-5141595,00.html

Back