i need your help

homerecording

could someone please help with the following.
1.i want to know if anyone of you guys know a cheap or free program that does beat mixing.in other words a program that matches the beats from one song into another song automatically.please note i'm not referring to crossfading.
2.i would also like to know were i could get a program that turns a classical song into the same song but with a beat.
the software programs i have are cool edit 2000,n-track,and ostjuke dj.my pc is a pentium 2.
i realise these are probably hard questions to answer but i really have looked everywere else and haven't found anything
anyones help would be appreciated
thanks nick

Are you trying to play a certain type of music whereas you can include your own drumbeats in sync with that particular song?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MISTERQCUE:
Are you trying to play a certain type of music whereas you can include your own drumbeats in sync with that particular song?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
no what i'm after is a way to change the song around so if the original song just has someone singing along to a piano.when its been converted it would still have the piano and the singing but it would also have a drum beat.i think there is a program called band in a box that does this but it is way too expensive for me.there must be a way to do this alot cheaper.i would also like to be able to turn a pop song into a techno song.
your help is greatly appreciated

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Torpid-x:
Whats your price range ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i can't really afford too much,so the cheapest just to see if it does what i want because i know alot of programs have certain things disabled in demo versions so i'm thinking that i would probably have to pay for it to do what i want to accomplish.if the only choice is to spend a bit of money well then i'll guess i'll have to save up some cash.but i hope there is something within the $100-$200 range(US of course)
thanks for any help

Hi

Sorry, after a more careful reading of what you want to do, I don't know what to tell you. You could try searching ZDNet . Try typing multitrack in the search box, also drums,music,etc. There maybe something you can use thats cheap or even free, but for what you want to do, it sounds like it would be tedious at best, even on the most expensive programs. if the tempo is almost 100% perfectly steady on your source recording, you may get lucky. about your second question, if you lay the drums down first, I hear good things about Drag and Drop Drummer but I havn't tried it myself.

Hope this Helps
Rich

Back