I need HELP! Setting up!

NewbieRecordist

So here is my question... If I run the output of a boss rc-30 to an audio interface such as the focusrite Scarlett solo and run the interface to my computer will it record my pedal?. I want to be able to record my singing along with the pedal so I don't have to sync two different tracks. Instead have it all being one

It'll work if you're OK capturing a mono take of your looper pedal. The RC-30 can output in stereo, but the Scarlett Solo only has 1 input. So if you're OK with mono, you'd be fine.

The Scarlett Solo isn't the tool for such a job. It does technically have 2 inputs, but one is an XLR mic input and the other is a 1/4" inputs that's switchable between line/instrument level. Even if you adapted one of the looper's outputs to XLR, it'd still probably be too hot of a signal to send into a mic level input. And matching levels between the two inputs would be a nightmare.

Even the next step up in the Scarlett line, the 2i2, would be better suited since it has 2 inputs that can accept line-level signals.

There IS a way to record stereo guitar with the Solo, get a cheap, passive DI box.
You still however cannot have stereo FX and voice, you would have to dub that in later.

The 2i2 does indeed have two mic/instru inputs but for tracking guitar and overdubbing you will need low latency and the Steinberg UR22 will be better for this..And cheaper!

The (almost!) ultimate solution is the Native Instruments KA6 which will give you two mic inputs but also two more line ins for the stereo pedal. Latency with the KA6 will NOT be a problem!

Dave.

All I need is to be able to record everything I do on the looper live. Such the vocal and instrumental overdubbing. Stereo isn't a big deal since I'm beginning to do recording. But yeah low latency is a must since i need to hear the looper playback in order to successfully sing in sync with it. does the solo come with low latency to achieve this or is another interfacebetter but still around that price range?. I don't know if I mentioned but I need at most two inputs for an interface one for my microphone and the other obviously for the looper

Back